Seriously Struggling need Motivation and Support

Options
Hey y'all I've been Seriously Struggling with my weight my entire life and I'm needing to change things now before something serious happens, my doctor said she wants me to lose around 80 pounds in order to get my weight to a healthy range. I'm also wanting to change how I feel about myself and the way I look all the time. I'm giving myself one year to Make this happen I know it can be done just need support and friends to check in with me. Please feel free to add me as a friend

Replies

• TheRavenne
    TheRavenne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've got 50 to lose, I know how you feel.
  • lili200
    lili200 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I believe in you!
  • bluecrush84
    bluecrush84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Daily yoga may help.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    That's an ambitious goal. It's technically possible, but realistically I'd give yourself 1.5 to 2 years to drop all 80- though you might drop 50 or more within the first year.

Honestly time limits are not helpful in my opinion because you should celebrate any progress in the right direction, not get discouraged for not meeting your goals fast enough. Also this needs to be a lifelong change, not something you do for a month or a year or whatever amount of time.... this is not temporary, it's going to have to be what you do from now on - forever. Of course you'll get to eat a little more once you get to a healthy weight and are just maintaining and no longer need to be in a weight loss deficit, but you never get to stop paying attention to what and how much you eat or stop exercising.

This is going to be more mental than it is physical so get ready. Weight loss itself is actually really simple - but sticking to your plan, avoiding temptation, not giving up, staying determined and disciplined even when motivation goes out the window... it's very much about mental fortitude. It's also a big life change- you're going to have to change a lot of your current habits and develop new healthier ones, and we all know how hard it is to break a habit.

But it absolutely can be done and you NEED to do it. And it sounds like you WANT to do it too, which is the key to success.

Feel free to add me and as many friends on here as you like- it's great to have a group of like minded individuals with similar goals to interact with for motivation, inspiration and support. But don't forget, your strongest ally in this journey- the only one that REALLY matters- is yourself. Learn to be strong for yourself, do the things you need to do to reach your goals. Love yourself. Depend on yourself. Only YOU will have your back. I think that's the scariest but also most exciting and most rewarding part of this, at least for me. And just think how proud and strong you will feel when you succeed!
  • maxine530
    maxine530 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to add friends, but you can add me.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Happy to help motivate and support :smile: