Calculating weight loss %

Options
Does anyone know how to do this???? Kinda like they do on the biggest loser?? We are having a challenge between my family and the teams aren't going to be equal, so we were going to look at doing the percetange of weight loss. I am terrible at math and if it is simple I am going to feel silly..but we need to know. Let me know if you know...thanks!

Replies

• My9-11Miracle
    Options
    Does anyone know how to do this???? Kinda like they do on the biggest loser?? We are having a challenge between my family and the teams aren't going to be equal, so we were going to look at doing the percetange of weight loss. I am terrible at math and if it is simple I am going to feel silly..but we need to know. Let me know if you know...thanks!
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Okay, here's a fairly simple way to calculate what percent of weight you lost. Take your pounds lost over your starting weight and multiply by 100. For example if you lost 10 pounds and you started out at 150 pounds you would do 10/150 times 100 which would equal 6.6%. Hope this helps. If you have problems visualizing this think of it as amount of weight lost multiplied by 100 and then divide that answer by your starting weight to get the percentage. Sorry, but I was never really that great at explaining how to do math. :tongue:
  • DaniUSA
    Options
    lost lbs / start weight * 100

For example

you start weight 150lbs, lost 10lbs

ist

10/150 = 0.67

0.067 * 100 = 6.7 %
  • DaniUSA
    Options
    LOOOL sharon...we used exactly the same numbers *g* verry funny
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Sure did, but you definately were more concise in your explaination. LOL.
  • My9-11Miracle
    Options
    Thanks guys..that was VERY helpful. I appreciate it.