I have been dieting for 15 years, this will be my last

Options
Hi guys,

I am sick and tired of dieting! I want to make a permanent lifestyle change but it is so hard!! I've actually completed changed the way I look at exercise already but I keep binge eating when I'm stressed or nervous - I am almost 25 and I have completely ruined my body :( this is me saying 'no more!!!' And asking for help if someone out there needs an accountability buddy!! I'm sure a lot of you here are in the same situation as me so hoping some of you can relate and we can help keep each other accountable :) add me

Replies

• Santeham
    Santeham Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Your not the only one that is in this sort of situation. Two weeks ago I decided to make another attempt to loose the weight, and hopefully this time will be the last time. At the same time I started a video diary documenting my weight loss, but also talking about issues regarding being overweight and issues with loosing it.
    I recorded a video yesterday that will go live this weekend, that basically says exactly what you've said above. I talked about what I've done in the past, and why that failed, and in turn, the reason I believe I will succeed this time, is due to the fact that I have made a lifestyle change as apposed to fad dieting, or loosing the weight fast, but in an unsustainable way.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZywsUNU8WbDIS8rzob1y4g

I'm now 30, and trying to loose 10 stone / 140 lb's. I'll add you now, since anyone that can help motivate me to stay the course and keep going is always welcome... And yes your right, making a lifestyle change to loose weight is freakin' hard. :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Good for you for wanting to get on track. However, don't stress out that you 've completely ruined my body. You haven't. You can rebuild and fix things at any age. You can have a long, active, healthy life if you choose. Just don't wait until you're 59 like I did!
  • cmtristani
    cmtristani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Glad you have committed to it as a lifestyle, as opposed to a diet. And like @lorrpb said, you haven't ruined your body. With drive and passion you can become anything you want. Just takes time and dedication. You can do it.
  • jomrca
    jomrca Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! Support means a lot :smile: I'm not giving up but I just seem to keep talking myself into eating *kitten* food... It's like it's another person.... Yesterday I ate pork belly and ice cream and chocolate and pizza and that was after I spent my whole morning planning my workout and meal plan... It's like a double personality thing like suddenly when the binge is over I'm like 'what the hell just happened'
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Self sabotage is a crazy struggle. You need to get out of your own way. One part of you has goals and wants to make a change and do better, but the part of you that is fearful of change and discomfort wants to hold you back.