Tall Folks - Get in Here

Options
Interested in meeting people that are relatively tall to bounce some tips and techniques off of.

Those long limbs make for some interesting variations in exercises. Add me if you have problems with squats, doorways and ceiling fans.

Replies

• Santeham
    Santeham Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'4" - Low doorways are the bane of my existence!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    5'11 female. Low chandeliers and I don't get along. I also have a low ceiling in my room, and have a hard time doing certain yoga stretches and other exercises that involve arms up or jumping.
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    5'11 here as well. My body is good at doing expansive stretches (yoga and Pilates) but moves compacting the body are always a struggle and ridiculously entertaining for anyone watching.... think baby giraffe taking its first steps
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    5'9 1/2 and always looking to share a smile with those who share the air up here.
  • ElevatedBeast
    ElevatedBeast Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Giraffes.
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey, tall friends! I'm 5'11'' and finding a car with enough leg room is always a challenge. The clothing industry is doing better by us, though, don't you think? I can find pants long enough and shirts with sleeves that actually cover my wrists. Growing up, I regularly had high-water pants (sigh) and usually rolled up my sleeves because they were never long enough. My running and walking stride is large and I have to remember that while exercising with others, and modify it a bit (or just tell them to keep up! lol). :)
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    5'10" over here!
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'11". I still have problems finding pants long enough, especially dressy pants, since my torso is pretty normal length wise but my legs are apparently abnormally long. Shirts can sometimes be tricky too. A lot of my cardigans that should be full length sleeves look more 3/4 length on me. I have a friend that is 5'2" and I have to remember when we're walking for exercise that my fast walk turns into an almost jog for her.
  • itsDeluxe
    itsDeluxe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, I'm a tall fella...measuring in around 6'7"

Always looking for variations on exercises.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Interested in meeting people that are relatively tall to bounce some tips and techniques off of.

Those long limbs make for some interesting variations in exercises. Add me if you have problems with squats, doorways and ceiling fans.

Ceiling fans for sure if I'm exercising at home in front of TV with a workout video! Damn small living room doesn't give me much space
  • cmtristani
    cmtristani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' 6", and years ago I ripped a chandelier out of the ceiling after hitting my head on it three times in ten minutes. I had just bought the house, and was moving in - stressed, tired, and it got on my last nerve!

I don't have to vary exercises so much as I really have to watch my form. I do a couple of exercises just for posture though.
  • kevinlee1981
    kevinlee1981 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am between 6'6" and 6'7" depending on when I measure. After sleeping, I tend to be on the taller side. I hate chandeliers, also, ceiling fans.
  • kevinlee1981
    kevinlee1981 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    2run2ski wrote: »
    Hey, tall friends! I'm 5'11'' and finding a car with enough leg room is always a challenge. The clothing industry is doing better by us, though, don't you think? I can find pants long enough and shirts with sleeves that actually cover my wrists. Growing up, I regularly had high-water pants (sigh) and usually rolled up my sleeves because they were never long enough. My running and walking stride is large and I have to remember that while exercising with others, and modify it a bit (or just tell them to keep up! lol). :)

Look into a Ford F150, I just got one, and it is so spacious, I don't even have to put the seat all the way back.
  • letsdothismfp79
    letsdothismfp79 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Oh I am only 5'3" still added ya lol...
  • jwoo451
    jwoo451 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    6"1' here yeah squats are a pain...