35yo + looking for friends

Options
Hi there, I'm 5'5 with about 30+ pounds to lose - with 15 years of private shame, sugar addiction and struggle to lose weight I'm thinking maybe a community will help this time?! You can see by my diary I'm a binge eater extraordinaire esp when stressed and v happy (!) but at least I log it!! I do love to walk, do yoga and cycle and work out using Kayla Itsines' guides. If you'd like to join me on this journey please add me!

Replies

• Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'll add you :)
    Have you ever tried intermittent fasting? Sounds much scarier than it is. I don't eat until 12pm, I just have coffee and water, which takes 3-4 days getting used to but then it saves a heap of stress and I have more calories left for that time of day during which I have food cravings.
  • Titoki1
    Titoki1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yes I have experimented with that in the past -
    I'm sold on the science behind fasting in general. I did read that it messed with women's hormonal cycles and I haven't seen much research done on women, so I was reserving judgement on It personally as I have some quite severe menstrual issues (hence needing to lose weight which will hopefully help!). I'm looking forward to hearing about people's experiences here and would like to give it another go.