Peanut Butter

Options
How do you measure it? Currently I just guess roughly 2 TBS I mean do you all really measure in spoons and then spread it on bread or guess too ?

Replies

• arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Haha I know it's kind of annoying, but I actually always measure peanut butter in the measuring spoons. It can be a pain, but I don't wanna eat more of it than I should.
  • chryciw
    chryciw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I measured it before putting it on my toast the first few times, until I got a feel for how well it covered the bread.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I used to actually dip in tablespoons and then spread it with a knife.
    Now I just use a regular spoon and estimate.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I put my spoon on a scale, clear the weight of the spoon, then add peanut butter. XD
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I always measure in grams! Even with a measuring spoon, you can make an extra mound that you aren't counting! 16g = 1tbl
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I do measure it with a spoon. Then you have to use your finger to get the rest off the spoon. I try to be as accurate as possible in my calculations. That is not easy like with the peanut butter. Do your best is all you can do.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I always weigh it or I overestimate. If I'm putting it on toast, the toast goes on the scale first, I hit the tare button, then I add the peanut butter until I get a serving by weight. Same story if it's coming to work with me in a container. Using the tablespoon method doesn't work for me.
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I wish it came in a stick..like butter..haha!
  • c0bra99
    c0bra99 Posts: 11
    Options
    I put my spoon on a scale, clear the weight of the spoon, then add peanut butter. XD

I do the same thing, put a plate and spoon on the scale, tare it, and then get peanut butter out with the spoon.

1 serving of peanut butter is never as much as I think it is :(
  • arlingtonangel
    arlingtonangel Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I use a 1 TBS measuring spoon to scoop it out. I like to be accurate. It is too easy for me to cheat when guessing. Measuring keeps me honest
  • EileenAvery
    Options

Or... put the peanut butter jar on the scale, clear the weight then take the peanut better out with a knife to save washing up :-)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I just use my measuring spoon I use PB2 its powder so easier to measure for me plus only 45 calories for 2tbs
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Why so much fuss? you measure it once or twice, you'll always use approximately the same amount.
    the 10-20 cal difference in how much you use day to day is not gonna save you anything :P
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    Sigh I guess Ill start being good and do the same lol you all were suppose to say yes I take a short cut like you and dont blame you one bit for not wanting that extra step HAHA!!!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Good trick is to put the jar of PB on the scale, hit tare, scoop out what you want.. then the scale will say negative whatever.. like -16g. Then you know you have 1tbl on your spoon and you can feel at ease about licking the spoon clean! :bigsmile:
  • georgiag111
    Options

OHH perfect
  • georgiag111
    Options
    Good trick is to put the jar of PB on the scale, hit tare, scoop out what you want.. then the scale will say negative whatever.. like -16g. Then you know you have 1tbl on your spoon and you can feel at ease about licking the spoon clean! :bigsmile:

THANKS!!! that dont sound so bad when you put it that way
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I measured at first, so I could get a good feel, and now I don't bother, because I can guess it pretty well based on seeing previously.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I have a kitchen scale so I just measure it by grams. One serving is 32 grams according to my label.
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

That's actually a good idea... maybe they will eventually.