Starting over staring now

Options
Hello My name is Courtney. I am 22 years old. I have been on and off my fitness pal for past 3 years then quit. My turning point came today when I saw my aunt who has been over weight all her life. She couldn't get out the car and needed help, she can't walk from room to room. I realize thats me in couple of years. I am 295. Thats to big. I got myself here I feel horrible. I am ready to change myself. I had gym membership all year aint go. I am sick of wasting my money. I am ready to lose this weight so I don't get really sick. I am borderline diabetic I need to get my life. Add me if your going to be focus and motivate. Yes we all do fail. I want friends that won't let me give up if I fail. Today was my breaking point. Its scares me.

Replies

• hermione_severus23
    Options
    This felt like I was reading about my own life! I'm 23 and in the same boat as you. I'll add you and we can keep each other motivated!
  • Luvmetheweighiam
    Luvmetheweighiam Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 300 and never was this big even when I was pregnant. Please add me as a friend so we can motivate each other. When i went to a professional football game and couldnt fit the seat i knew then id had enough
  • m0niqueee
    m0niqueee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just got told I'm prediabetic and it scared me so much! Let's do this together add me(:
  • mleahbillings1
    mleahbillings1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Holy shnikey. I was diagnosed as prediabetic on Dec. 3. Shocking to me - I knew I'd put on about 20 lbs in the past year, but that's a kick in the pants to get healthy. Used to run marathons, and I'm still at a healthy weight, but I'm just in shock over the past week. Let's motivate each other and get healthy!!!
  • AFettes21
    AFettes21 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Im on here daily :)
  • ashleychonack
    ashleychonack Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request I'm 255 lbs and need to lose a lot of weight also I know how you feel I have a gym membership also and paid for it and didn't go.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I also was an runner and loved to work out...no more after a 6 month injury i lost all motivation. weight wise, I'm in the range that would would be considered ok, but i would love to gain muscle and lose about 10 pounds of fat! I am also pre diabetic and that is a HUGE wake up call!
  • ReneeTeach
    ReneeTeach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yup, me too. Got the test results on December 1, and nearly ran my car off the road as the nurse uttered the words "pre diabetic." Shouldn't have been such a shock - I am 291, and have been heavy most of my adult life. Time to put ME first and be serious. Other people will just have to get in line - because now it's not "oh, I can either help you or do something good for myself," it's "oh, I can either help you or I can not become diabetic." Yeah, easier choice. Add me in - Let's DO this!!
  • aerial102
    aerial102 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :) I'm in the same boat as you, just a little heavier. Let's smash these goals!