Eating on an upset stomach

Options
So i went to the movies last night and now my stomach is reallly upset from all the buttery greasy popcorn. What are some light foods i can eat today that will be easy on my stomach?

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Mild chicken noodle soup, bananas, plain toast. . . .
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    High alkaline foods:
    Raw veggies, steamed veggies
    Raw fruit
    Soaked/sprouted beans such as lentils

Also hot green tea and plenty of water to help settle the 'blerg' feeling.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I would say plenty of water and fruit. Its light, tastes good, and good for you.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    If you can afford the carbs, I say bread or some kind of cracker.
  • icsracer
    icsracer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Arby's roast beef always settles my stomach.

BTW, when you go the movie theater and eat their popcorn it can have as much as 1000 calories. If you air pop your popcorn and spray is with some olive oil and a little salt, you can cut it down to only 110 calories. This is what I do and it is very good once you gett used to not having butter on it.

It is funny how after eating well for some time you feel ill when you go back to eating foods you used to eat all of the time.

Have a great day:happy:
  • SageLikeTheSpice
    SageLikeTheSpice Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I usually find some light carb like an English muffin or rice helps.

Bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast (BRAT) are common food for sick stomachs
  • Rilke
    Options
    I don't mean to be argumentative, but raw vegetables are not a great idea on an upset stomach. Too much roughage. You want to stick with bland foods.
  • holly0623
    holly0623 Posts: 66
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'm think i'm going to stick to fruits and vegetables and a lot of water.

@icsracer- i don't normally eat movie theatre popcorn because of all the fat and calories , but it was one night so i let myself have some. I've definitely noticed that certain foods make me feel sick even though i used to eat them all the time. I guess it's a good thing though.
  • holly0623
    holly0623 Posts: 66
    Options
    So no vegetables ?
  • Rilke
    Options
    So no vegetables ?

I wouldn't until your stomach settles down. Then you can try some steamed plain veggies and see how it feels.
  • icsracer
    icsracer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like a good treat now an then. It helps with moral. I was just throwing some tips out there.

I hope you are feeling better!
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I believe fiber binds with fat (some sort of molecule interaction):huh:
    So I would eat some plain fiber foods, also SIP water, gets fluid in your body to flush it, w/o overloading an already upset tummy ;)
    Everyone has already suggested great foods that I use too =D