Heart Rate Monitor Help

Options
agleckle
agleckle Posts: 235 Member
I really want to get one. There seem to be so many that claim to be good. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    If you want to invest some money I recommend the Polar Ft 60!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Polar. With the chest strap (that's the only accurate way to get a reading on heart rate--chest strap). Amazon.com is often the cheapest place to buy Polar products.
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a Suunto M4. I love it!!!
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I agree with Polar. I have the FT4 and love it!
  • HadraPriestess
    HadraPriestess Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a Sportline...chest strap and wrist monitor. Approx $80 on sale at the sports store.
    Lots of functions on the wrist monitor. Invaluable.

I have relied on it for STAYING in the HR zone to get the most out of my worikout.
    Good luck.
  • priescm
    priescm Posts: 95
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7...I got it for my birthday but I think it was about $75. It's really basic which I like. It's easy to use and seems to be pretty accurate...the chest strap is also really comfortable and doesn't rub with movement.
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    BodyMedia FIT. If the price is too high, search on Craigslist..
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Do all of these heart rate monitors tell you how many calories you have burned? (Is that a standard HRM feature?)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Do all of these heart rate monitors tell you how many calories you have burned? (Is that a standard HRM feature?)

Yes it is a standard HRM feature, but not all HRM's calcite calories the same and some give a really inflated calorie burn(Ie. Timex).

I personally have a Polar FT7 and think the calorie count is pretty accurate.