Looking for fat fighting friends!

Options
Hi! My name is Jennifer Templeton. I am 5'5" and hit 308lbs. I was like oh my goodness no!!!

Now with my career as a Realtor in Seattle WA my appearance and health is key. With this knowledge I know that I definitely need as much support as I can possibly find. I am a huge fan of vegetables and fruit.

Cheese is my downfall. I am desperately trying to stay away from any type of dairy as much as possible. I replaced a lot of everything with almond milk and coconut water. I am not a soda fan so that luckily is not a problem.

I need to get my water intake up. I have been drinking seltzer water which is fine, and now I have really switched to Brita filtered water.

My biggest issue is eating more throughout the day so that I can not go into fat storing mode. So my goal is to eat a bigger breakfast and consistently eat nutrition throughout the day.

Looking forward to meeting more like me!

Replies

• vofwillendorf
    vofwillendorf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer. I have over 200 lbs to lose and am looking for others to build a mutual support base. I work as a gov policy analyst, but two years ago had to transition into a telework position due to health issues. I am housebound due to obesity and rheumatoid arthritis. My condition would be significantly improved by weight loss, and I would also like to regain some mobility. In any case, if you are interested in a motivation and support. Please add me to your friends list. -Erika
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer, I have been on mfp since Sept. To date I have lost a little over 30 lbs. My goal is a 75 lbs drop. I log everything I eat and do not eat back calories. I drink the advised 64 oz of water per day. I really feel the water has helped me the most. I drink a 8 oz glass before every meal and after awakening every morning, then add the rest in throughout the day. My biggest problem is sweets and portion control on both sweets and food. LOL. I am for now eating Nutrisystem food, but of course just counting calories will help anyone. Due to my arthritic knees I listed myself as sedentary as I do not move around a lot, especially this past year. Prior to that I was always mowing my lawn, working in my flower beds and walking my dogs. I also find walking to be a big help. I am now walking about 2.5 miles on average a day and try to do at least 1 mile of that on a concentrated walk. I'm still not fast. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • katwills
    katwills Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer,

I am 5' 3" and weigh 197.4 lbs. I quit smoking and reached over 200 lbs, then started smoking again and got down to 175 lbs but quit smoking again and here I am at 197.4. I have fluctuated between 190 and 210 for the last 6 years. I have been motivated and then lazy and the cycle needs to stop.

If you want to be accountable and motivational support friends, please add me to your friends list :)