Saxenda Dosage

Options
I was wondering if anyone else has had side effects from Saxenda? I have been following the instructions and tried to increase to 1.2 mg after the first week and found I was incredibly dizzy and upset stomach after 4 days of that dose. My doctor said to go back down to .6mg for a while until you feel your body is used to that. Today I started back up to 1.2mg after three weeks at .6mg. I have been fluctuating a couple of pounds but have only lost a average of 5 lbs.

Replies

• phyllismuss
    phyllismuss Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Histomom:

5 lbs lost at your dose is good!

I am nearing 3 months of being at the optimal dose of Saxenda. During the time I was ramping up my dose, that is to say, from .6 through to 1.2, I had a moderate amount of nausea and decreased appetite.

I also found that overeating certain foods, especially high in carbohydrate food, caused excessive nausea, and sulphur smelling burps. So, I let this be my guide in adjusting my food intake. Saxenda works partially by “increasing gastrointestinal transit time” meaning it slows digestion. This is what causes you to feel full sooner, and have a reduced appetite. A by-product of slowing digestion is also that your blood sugar remains constant over an extended period, therefore reducing cravings, and increasing a feeling of satiety or, feeling full with less food.

It’s an indication that the drug is working for you. You will need to adjust your eating habits as I have. I found in general, I felt just great with about 50% of the portion of meat and carb that I had been consuming prior to Saxenda. Its important to eat your veggies, as you probably know already, and undertake more activity.

Overall, since beginning Saxenda I have lost nearly 20 lbs. The requirement to remain on the drug is to have lost at least 5% of your beginning body weight after 3 months at the 3 ML dose. You are well on your way.

For me it was exactly the kick I needed after taking 10 months to lose 8 lbs with diet and exercise alone. I’m thrilled with the results.

All the Best,
    Phyllismuss