New here

scorpiogirl7330
scorpiogirl7330 Posts: 2
edited 5:34PM in Introduce Yourself
I'm a diabetic mother of two teenage guys. I'm exercising to lower my weight but also live a bit longer to enjoy my life and my doctor says if I don't get my blood sugar down and in control I'm going to be put on insulin and I definitely do not want that. So here I am long story short I'm going need a bit of support from others in my situation as well.

Replies

• dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Hi there and welcome! feel free to add me as a friend. It's great to have support from others :)
  • MadMaz359
    MadMaz359 Posts: 15
    :smile:
    Hi my name is Marion I joined yesterday, I suffer with high blood pressure and like you I don't want to take pills.
    So I am trying to walk everyday and do 10,000 Steps. I have a Wii Fit so on days when it is to wet I walk on that, I got myself a pedometer, if if I can help you let me know..
  • uniquemoves
    uniquemoves Posts: 100 Member
    hi there :).. also a newbie here! I'm looking forward to motivating and being motivated.. I've modified my diet somewhat.. now if i could just get motivated to get moving more.. :).. right now, I only seem to be able to do something when my partner and I are in our studio pole dancing, general dancing, jumping rope etc.. i guess that's a start and is far better than nothing at all.. but i still need that extra motivation..that extra push :) Looking forward to working with you all!!
  • MadMaz359
    MadMaz359 Posts: 15
    Hi
    What about walking and build to 10,000 steps each day, I have the Wii Fit Plus and when it's raining I do my steps on that, which is fun. I got myself a pedometer and that way you can see how much your doing.

How easy the pole dancing.

Marion
  • uniquemoves
    uniquemoves Posts: 100 Member
    hi there :).. pole dancing is not easy at all depending on what you are doing.. especially the moves that require a ton of upper body strength. .as far as walking for some reason that has never kept me interested.. i'm more of a kick boxing circuit training kind of gal.. lol i started the ripped in 30 yesterday and love it so far!! so hopefully i can stay motivated this time.. :)
  • bean177
    bean177 Posts: 75
    Hello to another Scorpio (10/25 for me)! I am not diabetic, but recently went thru the experience with my husband who was diagnosed w/type 2. We really changed eating habits and it's done wonders for him ANDANDAND me! We now eat only whole grain bread, pastas, brown rice, red potatoes, use only sea salt, next to no sugar in anything, and spices with no MSG, also cut out almost all of the processed/packaged foods - they are a killer for sure. My husband has lost 30 pounds already, I've lost a total of 22 so far, but we feel soooooo much better already. You'd be surprised how many things get screwed up with your system with diabetes. Take care of yourself - this is a great spot to have! Add friends, we will be your biggest cheerleading squad ever!!!!!!! B :happy: :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.