Need support and motivation

Options
Hello! I am 5"4 and have lost 77lbs so far, but am still about 78lbs away from my final goal weight. I've been losing between 1-2lbs per week just by eating about 1200 calories a day and doing 60 minutes of brisk cardio per day.

The last few weeks though, I've actually gained 2lbs. I haven't been going over my calorie goal, and after seeing the weight gain I decided to add in some weight/resistance exercises to boost my workout. I checked this morning, and I'm still up that 2lbs. Logically, I understand that weight goes up and down due to hormones and stuff, and I understand that I've already lost quite a bit and I am proud of that. But it is still disheartening to see my weight go up when I've been working so hard. Any words of advice?

Replies

• AlisonMulhare
    AlisonMulhare Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey there lacymom1109, congrats on your great work so far. But I understand how frustrating it can be. I'm on and off this road my whole life so I'm by no means an expert (or even clsoe) but some of the tips I've picked up along the way that could help are:
    1. are you drinking enough water?
    2. are you getting enough sleep?
    3. are you eating the same foods all the time? sometimes your body needs a change in foods to shake things up
  • amara_84
    amara_84 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You're probably gaining muscle. Weight training is great but adds muscle mass it's disheartening at first but start taking your measurements and you'll see a change there. Good luck
  • Faulkners407
    Faulkners407 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    When your muscles are sore, they are retaining water. Just keep at it. And soon you will see the difference!