Wii Fit - Accurate measurement?

Options
I use my Wii Fit to measure my weight, we do it as a family once a week and support one another.

This week, Wii Fit told me I had lost another 2lb, which was great. I subtracted this 2lb from my MFP weight and I was overjoyed to see I have got down to 195lbs. I've never been happy measuring in lbs, as i'm from Wales in the UK, and we predominately use the Stones And Lbs measurement. One of my kids showed me how to see how much I weigh in Stones, and to my shock this did not correlate to my MFP count...

What I have figured out is that the Wii Fit rounds up the weight to the nearest pound, so when in fact I have only lost 2 3/4 pounds in the past, it's presented this to me as 2lb. Over time, this had caused a 5lb difference in my Wii Fit weight and my MFP weight...

I'll just have to keep an eye on this, or better still purchase a proper scales!!

Replies

• LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    I use wii fit aswell to calculate my weight.. i'm hardly losing any lbs.. its just staying the same =]
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I weigh 5 pounds less on wii then I do on my bathroom scale... but I track my weight loss by the bathroom scale because that is where I started...
  • rschwa
    rschwa Posts: 27
    Options
    Hm. My Wii Fit reports in tenths of pounds, if I recall correctly. Anyway, isn't it a simple math problem? stones = int(lbs/14), pounds = 14*((lbs/14)-stones)... I don't see how rounding can add up to more than 0.5 lb difference?
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    I also use my wii fit to weigh myself and haven't run into any problems. I get the same measurement at home as I get in the dr's office. In fact, I've used the wii fit to weigh luggage, to avoid the $50 overweight fee at the airport, and it's measurement was spot on....exactly what the airport assessed it at. I think you may be having a conversion problem.
  • misskatieanne
    misskatieanne Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but I too have noticed issues with my wii fit. Last week it told me I weigh 143lbs. Today it announced I have lost 2lbs yet showed my weight as 142lbs?

It did the same thing a couple of weeks ago but I assumed I must have got mixed up about my previous weeks weight & never bothered checking it out.

Think I need to start using scales but has anyone else had this issue?