Begin Again

Options
sistahqueen
sistahqueen Posts: 11 Member
edited December 2016 in Success Stories
On this roller coaster ride of weight lost its important to remind myself that one step backward = two steps forward. It motivates me more and end up Loosing even more the next go. So her I am beginning again. Today is Dec 9, 2016 and I currently weigh 201.1lbs. Urrgh. My goal is to reach 150 by April 9, 2017. My birthday. I need all the support, inspiration, encouragement, etc etc etc I can get.

opy61x5qphqu.jpg

Replies

• warriorsdontbitch
    warriorsdontbitch Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You got this. I was in a similar situation last year.
  • sistahqueen
    Options
    Thank you very much. I ending up gaining weight back because I stopped doing what I love which is working out. Started back eating at weird times because of training for a job. I took a job where I sit more for longer periods of time and my balance had to be recalibrated. Won't put working out on the back burner again for anything or anyone.
    You got this. I was in a similar situation last year.

• masoi13
    masoi13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck.You can do it.Dont forget to workout.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you read the above and decided to research your goals and time lines. I have no idea how tall you are but I am 5'2"and it took me from April 4, 2016 to December 7, 2016 to lose 50 pounds. We are similar in that I started at 204 pounds. My rate of loss slowed way down by the fourth month. I am very dedicated but not 1200 calories a day dedicated (that is miserable-please don't do it to yourself!)
    Either way, if you follow CICO you will definitely weigh less for your birthday than you do now and THAT is success!
    Good luck, you can do it!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl!
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Begin again is hardest part- you did it and you got this now- were all cheering you on!
  • Menashinaye
    Menashinaye Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm sending a great big good luck to u and I am your birthday twin April 9!!! I am looking to lose 20 by then I'm gonna send u a fr
  • RedArmy1918
    RedArmy1918 Posts: 55 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Definitely listen to Flapjack--I did an extreme juice fast last year and I lost weight fast but then I regained all that and more in six months!

I've since realized that it's better to do good food tracking and stay slow and steady. Eat fruits and veggies and go to the gym to strengthen my body and to be in better health--not just "to lose weight"...

I've had to change my mindset to be honest. So I'm starting on my weight loss journey again but with better tools than last time.

And whatever you do, don't stop tracking your calories!

Best of luck!
  • sistahqueen
    Options
    Thank you all for the support. Had to figure out how to find what I posted again. My biggest challenging was getting out to the gym. I have a nearly 2yr old who is so spoiled (not rotten) but he hates to leave my side. So I brought the gym to me. I was blessed to purchase a new to me eliptical machine. This has made getting work out "in". I also have weights that adds to this.
    And now that I know how to get back here I can post a little more. Once again thanks for the advice and support.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    So how close are you to goal?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!