Fitbit Charge 2 - Opinions needed!

Options
kyleekay10
kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
Hey all! Currently I have a Fitbit Flex (the original) and use that with my Samsung S7 Edge. The S7 edge isn't a technically compatible phone according to the Fitbit site but it seems to be working fine.

Anyway, my and my boyfriend's birthdays are coming up and we'll be upgrading our trackers. I think I want the Fitbit Charge 2. Does anyone use that currently, if so, how do you like it? Does it still interface with MFP well? If you have a Samsung S7 or S7 edge do you find it works well? I also considered the Alta but I think I want the HR monitor.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• fitbisi
    fitbisi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am also thinking of getting the charge 2, but was now thinking about the fitbit blaze, think I would go with the blaze, a little more money but worth it
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I should have bought the charge 2. I used the charge hr for a while and while the battery life was short I loved it. I lost the charger cord and decided to get the Alta. I miss the heart rate monitor but the most annoying thing is that the Alta doesn't have a button. I have to tap at the screen like an angry woodpecker to get it to scroll through and the touch screen can be finicky. Hope this helps a little.
  • Danylesmash
    Danylesmash Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing the Fitbit Surge for about a year now and I love it. Its not the prettiest and I wish it looked like the blaze, but I love how it has gps on it when I run, it has HR Monitor on it, I also love how you get your text messages on it and your phone calls.... When I go work out my phone is in my arm bad but everything comes through watch that I can decide if I want it or not. I sue a Galaxy S5 and it works great.
  • someperson902
    someperson902 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I went from a charge HR to a charge 2 and LOVE IT .. The connected features are incredible and I feel that its helped me get a better picture of what my work outs look like .. Feel free to PM if you have any specific questions
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Iscah13 wrote: »
    I should have bought the charge 2. I used the charge hr for a while and while the battery life was short I loved it. I lost the charger cord and decided to get the Alta. I miss the heart rate monitor but the most annoying thing is that the Alta doesn't have a button. I have to tap at the screen like an angry woodpecker to get it to scroll through and the touch screen can be finicky. Hope this helps a little.

You can purchase replacement charger cords for like $6 on Amazon. I've lost several!
  • carlosapolinarioferreira
    Options
    I just purchased a Charge 2, this is my first Fitbit, I find it very interesting tried it out at the Gym doing various workouts. I found it was amazing how well the hartrate monitor compairs. The Fitbit sight is impresive. I still perfer to log my food with MFP. What I noticed was that Fitbit converts everthing to steps when you are looking at your exerciese logs in MFP.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'm getting one for Christmas, I'll let you know! I had a One before that but stopped using it as it wasn't convenient to have to clip it.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I have my Charge 2 and I love it.

• texasleahgirl
    texasleahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have had a Flex, upgraded to a Charge HR. My husband has the Charge HR 2. He has an S6 active and I just got an S7 active. No problems at all, love both devices and they have been instrumental in my weight loss and pair nicely with MFP.

Definitely get the heart rate monitor, so worth it. I am jealous of hubby's Charge 2, the on screen info is so useful! But my Charge HR is in very good shape so I have to keep it 'til it breaks :)
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'll echo the rest of the posts in that I think the Charge 2 is awesome. I got it on sale for $129 and it was worth every penny!