heart rate monitor?

Options
What kind do you use?
I really want to get one, but I'm not sure what kind is the best to get.
Suggestions?

Replies

• byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Polar FT7...with the chest strap.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Polar FT7...with the chest strap.

I second the Polar FT7 with chest strap!!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Polar FT60 - thing does everything but the dishes
  • DietPep1978
    DietPep1978 Posts: 202
    Options
    I also have a Polar FT7 and LOVE it! I like it because the readings are more accurate than online sources. At times the cardio I enter online is pretty generous! Other times (very few) my HRM reads higher cal's burned.

Search them out, keep note of the features that you would like, then pick one.

I read a lot of reviews and personal accounts before I asked for mine (it was a bday present).

Good luck with your search!
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    polar FT4! love it
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    i polled the group before buying mine last november....i wanted one with a chest strap as everyone recommended but $$$$ was not readily available. SO....i price shopped, compared, considered all the MFP advice and landed on the POLAR FT4.

was in my price range, had a chest strap, was a brand highly recommended, was programmable to MY stats for better accuracy, counts cal, tracks avg heart rate, max, keeps a running total of time spent, # workouts, # total cal burned using it. LOVE IT!
  • faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options
    Sportline with chest strap (been using it for 7 months now) love it.
  • obifatkanobi
    obifatkanobi Posts: 190
    Options
    New Balance N-4. It has the chest strap, does up to 9 runs, has all the functions, and was very reasonably priced,
  • kristyklein8
    Options
    Literally just got my Timex Race Trainer yesterday, so I have only used it once. Pretty sure I like it, but did take awhile to get it set up. Only thing I wish was that it showed how many calories were burned along with my heart rate on the same screen.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    http://www.polar.fi/en/products/get_active/fitness_crosstraining/FT4
    The FT4 is your basic HRM. Comes with a chest strap and wrist watch. The strap makes it more accurate. I find the strap to be very comfortable. I usually forget I'm wearing it when I get home. It calculates calores burned, avg heart rate, max heart rate, exercise duration. You input your profile (age, gender, weight, etc) and it gives you a heart rate range based on your age and when you work out it will beep if you go above or below that range. It also saves up to 10 workouts so you can go back through the files and see previous workouts. It's a simple HRM with few buttons and very easy to use. It also comes with user changeable batteries. Many HRMs make you have to send them back to the manufacturer to change batteries. It's also water resistant so you can actually use it for swimming.

http://www.polar.fi/en/products/get_active/fitness_crosstraining/FT7
    The FT7 has the above and then some, including the compatibility with the flowlink which allows you to connect it to your computer and automatically upload your activity to polarpersonaltrainer.com. These extra features were not necessary for me but if you want to be able to use the polar website and upload your activities then you won't be able to do that with the FT4 as it does not support flowlink. The FT7 can tell you if you are improving fitness or burning fat. It stores up to 99 previous workout instead of only 10 like the FT4.

You can get them at lots of places like Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon.com, Ebay, Target. I ordered my FT4 online from Walmart and did the site to store pickup. I paid $89 for it and it has been well worth every penny. The FT7 is going to cost between $100-$120.
  • arnoldnagy
    arnoldnagy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just purchased a Polar FT7 this week. I did extensive research and decided that the Polar brand seemed to be rated highest by users and experts alike. I decided to get either the FT4 or the FT7. The FT4 is a little more basic, but it does just about everything you could need. I liked the looks of the FT7 much more and was able to find one for only $15 more than the FT4 so I went with that one. This is my second HRM, and the first with a chest strap. It it so much more accurate than my last one and I am very confident in the results it provides and the company who makes it.

~Arny
  • cassiejoyy
    cassiejoyy Posts: 82
    Options
    Thanks guys! (:
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I ordered the Polar FT4 on amazon just last week for $63.03 with no shipping charge. I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival.
  • porksiopao
    porksiopao Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4...it rocks!