Trying to lose weight

I have been trying to lose weight for a year .only 20 lbs . 1200 cal.a day walking riding a bike 3 times a week slow result

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Nothing wrong with losing 20 lbs. Can you give more details? What are your stats? The less you have to lose the less you'll lose each week. How accurate is your logging? Are you using a food scale? Using accurate entries, accurately calculating your exercise, using the recipe builder, logging every bite/nibble/sip?
  • ladybirdbreeze
    ladybirdbreeze Posts: 2 Member
    In 1 year I have lost 20 lbs .my height is 5 feet 1 inch my weight is 179.4 I am 35 years old
  • shank3r
    shank3r Posts: 13 Member
    If you're eating right and exercising 3x/week and you've lost 20lbs...All I know to say is congratulations!

Lots of so-called weight loss experts believe that slowly loosing increases the chances of it staying off for good.

I'd imagine with your exercise that you're at a-lot better cardiovascular fitness level than 12 months ago too. I may be time to start pushing your exercise harder. I'd suggest using strava to track your walk/runs/cycling and you may enjoy seeing your progress improve and start going down the rabbit hole (like so many of us have) trying to see who's the fastest on particular segments.

I myself only have one KOM (King of Mountain) and that's the best time for riding the entire length of Mustang Island (18.2 miles) in Texas (but I'm the only one using strava to have done it :) )
  • lisaberger1
    lisaberger1 Posts: 7 Member
    You should try a program based on interval training. If you’re familiar with high intensity intervals, you’ll know how effective they are!
    Check this out: http://dietrev.com/bodyweight-burn-review