Apple Cider Vinegar Detox

Options
13»

Replies

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    There are studies showing vinegar reduces blood glucose (about 20 - 30%) when ingested prior to meal and that it showed a delayed response in the 'emptying the stomach' (feeling fuller longer).

Reducing blood glucose is of interest to those with diabetes.
  • dcornick
    dcornick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    dcornick wrote: »
    I don't know if it does much for weight loss, but I will personally vouch that it has completely eliminated the terrible heartburn that I had been suffering for months. Even had a doctor's appointment made that I have since cancelled.

Odd. I tried doing apple cider vinegar for weight loss before and it gave me heartburn.

Oh and for anyone wondering, no, it didn't work for weight loss. Just made me feel sick to my stomach (but not sick enough to keep me from eating tasty foods, lol).

Aparantly some people's heartburn is caused (paradoxically) by not having ENOUGH stomach acid. And then acid-reducing pills just make it worse. Seems to have been the case with me. I actually tried the ACV for something else and the heartburn thing ended up being a happy coincidence.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    There are studies showing vinegar reduces blood glucose (about 20 - 30%) when ingested prior to meal and that it showed a delayed response in the 'emptying the stomach' (feeling fuller longer).

Reducing blood glucose is of interest to those with diabetes.

The studies which show that are pretty poorly designed, though, at least the ones I saw. They had very low n-values (only 5-12 participants) and very high p-values (p = 0.05 causes a ton of false positive results). I'd take those results with a grain of salt.
  • Moby_Dick
    Moby_Dick Posts: 26 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    There is a lot of myth and a lot of truth to Apple Cider Vinegar. There is the right and the wrong kind of Apple Cider Vinegar. The "good" one, the organic one contains "The Mother." (The “mother” is a colony of beneficial bacteria, similar to a Kombucha).

I use it because I have a disease with chronic pain and inflammation. For whatever reason it keeps my inflammation in check. I also use it to prevent heartburn. Come to find out it helps better than any other remedy or pill. My husband uses it because he had terrible gout attacks. Hasn't had one in years since we both drink a small glass of Apple Cider Vinegar -Water and organic honey in the morning.

I think the weight-loss myth comes for the fact that you will have more frequent trips to the bathroom. It doesn't clean you out, but it helps to regulate your digestive system.

The store-bought Apple Cider Vinegar without the "Mother" is good for cooking only.
  • Lou_trition
    Lou_trition Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have been taking 2 tsp in water every morning along with a probiotic called Super 8- this has made me move every single day since Ive started. Gone from once a week to once a day and it is the best feeling ever- I have so much more energy. I dont know if its both or just one of them attributing to solving my 'movements' but I just know that Im going to keep taking both!
  • clpmm1881
    clpmm1881 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    I do the beer detox .. works wonders I lost 10 lbs!!!

Mmmm..... beer....