afraid of loose skin

I know it's inevitable with 85 lbs to loose but I'm looking for advice on days to help as I go. I've started exercising, Andy lotions to use daily starting now to help in future.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Don't lose too quickly and stay hydrated. Dry skin will shrink more slowly.
  • sturgeonml2017
    sturgeonml2017 Posts: 46 Member
    Thank you!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member

In other words, the damage is done.

Yup. The only thing left to do at this point is own it.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Nothing you can really do to prevent that, if it's going to happen at all. It might not. Or be minimal and in places where it's not so noticeable. Try not to worry too much, drink plenty of water, moisturize daily, but don't expect any magic from any fluids or creams. Don't bother spending too much money on it, but work out, you can lift or do body weight exercises, and hope that your genetics are on your side. Ithink being leaner and healthier outweighs having some lose skin. And tey to appreciate your new body the way it is.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    I'm 85 lbs down and have some loose skin on my belly and upper thighs. I'm starting to get used to it. Once I am to goal (about 17 lbs away) and have maintained for a couple years, I'll see if I might want to look into surgery to correct it. As others have said, it's largely a matter of genetics and how much weight you have to lose. I'm trying to see the loose skin as a thing to be proud of - it shows just how much hard work I did to get to where I am.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    I only notice loose skin on my legs. I have been told that I have loose skin on my arms but its not that loose to me nor does it just look or feel like skin. I try not to dwell on it though. I have lost a lot of weight and I am happy that I have done so.
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    Ruatine wrote: »
    I'm 85 lbs down and have some loose skin on my belly and upper thighs. I'm starting to get used to it. Once I am to goal (about 17 lbs away) and have maintained for a couple years, I'll see if I might want to look into surgery to correct it. As others have said, it's largely a matter of genetics and how much weight you have to lose. I'm trying to see the loose skin as a thing to be proud of - it shows just how much hard work I did to get to where I am.

That's what I'm planning to do. Once I reach my goal weight and have maintained it for at least a year I think I'll get surgery for any loose skin.
  • I have lost 50 pounds and I ront have any loose skin. Drink kits of water. Take a hair skin and nail vitamin and try Shea or cocoa butter. Palmer's has good products.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,996 Member
    Just started using a retinol (Vit A) serum and lotion on my lower abs where I developed some loose skin after losing 36# in the past 6 months.

Seems to have tightened things up a bit but there's still some loose skin there and I'm not sure if the retinol (or anything else short of surgery which I really don't want to do) can get rid of it.

Will use up the retinol I bought and, if the loose skin remains after I run out, i won't buy any more unless I want to try it on my face instead. LOL!!!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,110 Member
    People can say nothing helps but I found one collagen lotion that did noticably help minel, which was bad on my lower tummy. Mind you I apply it daily and do ab work outs to strengthen the muscles under the skin too. No matter what anyone tells me I know this lotion has improved my looose skin so it is possible to find products that help. It's by Reviva labs and it is pretty cheap on Amazon. It didn't get rid of the loose skin completely but after swearing off bikinis I was finally confident enough to wear one in Maui 2 weeks ago.