Exercise Tracking

Options
New to My Fitness Pal. Does anyone know why Strength Training does not log or count for any calories toward the daily goals?
Thanks!

Replies

• tenomyls
    tenomyls Posts: 23
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing!!! I would love to hear responses to this.
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    Strength training is under cardio exerecises. Enter in the time you took and it will give you calories burned
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It does, log "strength training" under the cardio section for an estimate of calories burned. The strength training sections is all about monitoring your progress.
  • Girlbirder
    Girlbirder Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Somewhere I have read that strength training does not log as you do not know weights that are being used, intensity of reps etc so it is hard to calculate, but can all be logged through cardio.
  • jpeper1966
    jpeper1966 Posts: 79
    Options
    The resposes sound a little confusing if you are new, or don't use the strength training feature (like me).

It sounds to me like you need to log your work in BOTH locations. Record the sets, reps, etc. under strength training and ALSO record the time spent training under cardio to get your calorie consumption for the workout.
  • crobbins5678
    Options
    I tried that but abdominal crunches would not come up and neither would torso rotation under Cardio??? Will try again.
  • Maputi
    Maputi Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great question.

Under cardio specify "Strength training". It will ask you how long and give an estimate of the calories burned.

If you know how many calories you burned, you can override the estimate provided.
  • crobbins5678
    Options
    OK - found it - "strength training" Thanks to all for your help!!