Vegan weight gain supplaments

Options
I am lookin for a good vegan weight gain help for cheap. I was using boost for awhile but had to quit because dairy has made me really sick and my vegetarian diet wasn't quite helping so I'm now vegan. I'm brand new to this and looking for ways to gain weight or powders that will help or shakes. Thanks. I'm over the whole home made pb shakes it's gotten old after a year of drinking them.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Did you specifically need more protein or just calories in general? I've used mlo veggie protein powder for protein supplement, spirutein meal powder with soymilk for meal replacement. If you just need more calories, focus on calorie dense foods like nuts, seeds, avocado, oils, dried fruit...
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I agree, eat more calorie dense foods like nuts and fats.
  • valerie7999
    valerie7999 Posts: 16 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    There are these protein cookies called Len and larry's complete cookies. Not the healthiest way to gain weight, but they'll get the job done. They are vegan and are about 360-400 calories per cookie. (They are huge). There are also many plant based protein powders made out of vegetable protein or soy. Cliff bars are also vegan.
  • monkeybusiness2104
    Options
    Yes I love Len and larrys cookies. But they are expensive where I live about $3 per cookie. I get a few a month. I want both protien and extra calories. I do nuts and nut butters and avocados and oils. But it doesn't help me gain.
  • CM_15
    CM_15 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Carbs carbs and more carbs! I'd say eat at least 2000+ calories daily especially if you exercise. followed by a vegan protein shakes. I use Vega one currently looking for different protein powders. I was gaining weight doing that and now i cut down my calories a bit and exercise regularly to drop the weight and eventually build muscle.
  • Morriganmum
    Morriganmum Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I used Vega One powder for a while. I liked it, but it is fairly pricey.

You could try utilizing coconut milk and oil. I add those to a lot of foods.

I found that tracking my calories on here really helped me see how much or how little I was ACTUALLY eating, and helped me maintain that higher calorie intake I need to gain.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you eat daily? It won't matter much the types of food you eat if you aren't reaching your calorie goal. Just make sure everything you eat is the full-fat version, no "lite" fat-free or sugar-free. Add a fat to every vegetable you eat. My friend was eating sweet peppers with peanut butter at lunch. Everyone thought it was weird, but not me. I eat carrots with pb:)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Yes I love Len and larrys cookies. But they are expensive where I live about $3 per cookie. I get a few a month. I want both protien and extra calories. I do nuts and nut butters and avocados and oils. But it doesn't help me gain.

Then you're not eating enough. Simple as that. You have to be in a caloric surplus to gain weight.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Eating large pizzas by yourself always does it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png