Plant based weight loss

Options
I've lost 25 lbs on a plant based diet and I'm trying to loose another 20 I'm finally hitting the gym now bc I was so uncomfortable with my body before! Who else has had success with this lifestyle

Replies

• Justn83
    Justn83 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Options
    I like plants.
  • sabkat1
    sabkat1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi im a vegan member and looking for friends to help motivate me and vise versa im trying to lose 20lb to get me to my goal
  • margaritadiamantopulos9
    Options
    sabkat1 wrote: »
    Hi im a vegan member and looking for friends to help motivate me and vise versa im trying to lose 20lb to get me to my goal

Are you doing any particular diet such as 80 10 10 hclf raw til 4 starch solutions etc? I do a mixture of everything intuitive eating and hclf the most
  • msspilkes1
    msspilkes1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have followed the Campbell plan for whole food plant based diet.
  • memathmfp
    memathmfp Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I follow a plant based food plan. I've lost 65lbs in the last couple of years and have about 50 to go. Haven't felt this good in years and years and it's primarily because of eating plants.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    If it interests you, there's an "Eat to live" group that follows, to varying degrees, the approach advocated by Joel Fuhrman. They'd be happy to have more like minded folks there I bet.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100425-eating-to-live

ps: I'm mostly plant based, but do eat some lean meats, eggs, dairy...I build my meals around plants.
  • dycamacho
    dycamacho Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am a vegan. Feel free to add me!
  • Sergioutah
    Sergioutah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 9 pounds in 30 days, I lowery cholesterol from 259 to 171, blood pressure from 169/89 to 121/69, no more diabetes medication and feeling like a teen! It works.
  • natalexse
    natalexse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't really keep up with my log but I lost 25 lbs on an HCLF plant based vegan diet in 1.5 months. It's been three months since then and I've kept it off even while slacking on my plant based diet. Still vegan but just eating a lot of junk lately. However still no weight gain. Back to plant based again now :)