7 children and I'm over being a fatty...

Options
LalaHouston
LalaHouston Posts: 9 Member
edited December 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been logging for 30 something days now and working out consistently and I can't lose a friggin pound! What in the world am I doing wrong??!?!!!? Somebody tell me something! Please!!

Replies

• aussieketogal
    aussieketogal Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A few things you can consider:

Are you weighing everything you eat and drink with an electronic scale? Even the oils you cook with, the butter you spread on sandwiches... everything?

Is the exercise new? If so, your body could be holding on to more water to help repair the muscles and it can take a few weeks to sort itself out.

Are you sure you haven't lost 1 pound? Or have you lost but just not as much as you had hoped? I remember when I started I faced similar situation and I just wasn't losing as fast as I had wanted and so I was throwing my hands in the air exclaiming I wasn't losing anything when actually I was.

Keep at it, refine and you will find what works for you.
  • LalaHouston
    LalaHouston Posts: 9 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    First, thank you for your replies! I most assuredly appreciate them! Second, I am so new to this journey and I'm trying to find my way to health and fitness on my own. Okay with that being said... I'm a mom of 7, yes SEVEN, and I want this fat off of me!!!
    *No food scale but I will pick one up in the morning.
    *I don't see any change in my weight at all although my husband just ordered a Fitbit Aria for me because he and I think my scale is inaccurate. According to it I'm 198 and then 202. Ugh I'm so very aggravated.
    Again thank you so very much
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Do you log with generic dietary information or do you use the info on the actual container. Eg. my eating plan says 1/4 cup of feta. However, the calories in one make of feta is not necessarily the same as in another make of feta.

Use a scale and weigh your food precisely (don't guestimate) and use the info on the actual container.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates

Nobody has a scale weight, we have a scale weight range of around 5lbs ..that's normal ..we have different weights at different times of the day and are generally 3-5lbs lighter in the morning than the evening

The way to test a scale is to weigh something you know the weight
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,502 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

While this video is very insightful the poor grammar and spelling always gets to me. Plus one would not gain more weight by overscooping, unless the cups got bigger in time as well. Still a good video.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

While this video is very insightful the poor grammar and spelling always gets to me. Plus one would not gain more weight by overscooping, unless the cups got bigger in time as well. Still a good video.

agree on grammar

overscooping means underestimating on calories so yes you could gain weight
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,502 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

agree on grammar

overscooping means underestimating on calories so yes you could gain weight

Of course. But if you overeat by say 350kcal each day you will reach a new equilibrium at a certain time. The gain will not be linear. But enough nitpicking. The video IS good.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 7, yes SEVEN, and I want this fat off of me!!!
    You have gotten excellent help already, I just wanted to comment on this - wow - that's a bunch! You didn't specifically imply so, but childbirth does not automatically make you "fat". You can still control your food intake.
    *No food scale but I will pick one up in the morning.
    Great idea!
    *I don't see any change in my weight at all although my husband just ordered a Fitbit Aria for me because he and I think my scale is inaccurate. According to it I'm 198 and then 202. Ugh I'm so very aggravated.
    You haven't said whether the discrepancies show when you get on, then off, then on again, or if it's from one day to the next, or before and after you eat/drink. The most common problem with modern scales is that they are too accurate, because our weight fluctuates through the day and from day to day, much more that a week of healthy weight (fat) loss. To add to the confusion, some modern scales refuse to give you an updated weight until you have lost a certain amount. It can be overidden by holding something heavy and step on it, but it seems like a silly feature to me.
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow large family mom! You have gotten good advice. The food scale is a life changer! I have just hit my goal weight this week, and there is no big secret. Just move more (get creative, sneak in extra activity when you can ) and log consistently and accurately to stay at the number mfp gives you! You can do this!
  • kejw08
    kejw08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Wow, thanks for sharing! It's mind blowing. I have lost weight just by measuring (vs not measuring and eating whatever I want) but it is slowing down and now I think I might know why. I have a food scale but never use it, guess it's time to break that puppy out...