Back at it AGAIN

Options
Was doing so good, dropped about 32lbs then went on a family vacation and gave in to all my cravings(not an excuse). That was in October and now we are in December... I have gained almost all of what I lost back. I need friends to help motivate and support me! I do so well for a month or two and then something happens and I give up. I need to learn that it is ok if I have a bad day, that don't mean I give up all together. I'm really determined to be healthy, not just for myself but for my family! I need to lose about 112lbs to be at my goal weight. Help me stay motivated!!

Replies

• blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have gained back close to 80pounds. I know that I can do it because I've done it before. It just feels like starting over is so hard. I will send you a friend request and we can be there for one another.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    blisser99 wrote: »
    I am in the same boat. I have gained back close to 80pounds. I know that I can do it because I've done it before. It just feels like starting over is so hard. I will send you a friend request and we can be there for one another.

I think starting over is definitely harder than simply starting in the first place. I have had the hardest time getting back on the wagon and staying focused. I know what I want and I know that I've been there before but I can't seem to stay focused and motivated long enough to see any type of results. I know that this is a lifestyle and not some quick fix. Feel free to add me girls. I'm in the same boat and trying to start...once again!
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Being back at it again beats the alternative. Look at the bright side, I went 3 years between the first and second attempts, not 3 months. :) You folks will get it done.
  • chikaygo
    chikaygo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. Lost almost 40lbs by June...and since then I've gained 30 back. It's starting to really show and that's super embarrassing for me. Time is gonna pass no matter what. We need to forgive ourselves and get back on the right track.
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    im ready to start over again i have the knowledge but not the determination its time to work on it but i think with the right support group i can do it
  • LegacyLion
    LegacyLion Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling of disappointment. I wanted to lose 10 pounds in the beginning of 2016 and now by the end of 2016, I've gained 55 pounds. Just hang in there and control your thoughts. Focus on how you'll see your actions 3 months from now.
  • Zukaaah
    Zukaaah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same. I lost over 30 Lbs. and as of today i have gained back 25 lbs! It's hard. But you're already doing a great job. You came back and have identified where you are struggling. You can reach your goal weight, you lost 30 before you can do it again! You got it in you! Just stay strong, and bad days are bad days. You pick yourself up the next day and work harder! I wish you the best of luck on your journey!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Don't wait around for motivation. Just do it.

Log everything you eat, and weigh the foods high in calories.

Don't suddenly start a starvation diet then wonder why you can't stick to it. Slow and steady gets you there.

You might as well keep trying because the time will pass anyway.
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I need to get back at it. But dealing with pain from an injury and depression have me just wanting to snack and do nothing. So frustrating.