Looking for friends who need to loose 75+lbs (or who have)

Options
Hi. I am not new to MFP. A year and a half ago I had dropped 100lbs through eating right (and restricting calories) and loads of exercise.
Last December, I gained back 40, YES 40 lbs back with a total of 80 lb gained back.
I had health issues mostly caused by Essure resulting in a full hysterectomy on September 20, 2016.
I am back at it with clean eating, calorie restriction, and exercise. used to warm up with a 30 minute 5K every day and worked out for 3-4 hours a day. No one can sustain that but it was my reality to try to lose my last 25 lbs (which never occurred) because of the Essure coils.
I am almost 40 with diabetes, hypertension, tachycardia, Fibromyalgia, among other health issues. Don't get me wrong, I am no sissy. Even my husband and best friend forget how sick I am because I am so tough.
I am looking for caring and motivational, FEMALE (respect for my husband) friends who also have a long journey ahead or behind them.
I know I can do this because I have done this before.
Time to get my life back!!!! Again.

Replies

• MurderMeSomeFat
    MurderMeSomeFat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i1y8rpj6yb4w.jpg
    This is a picture of me (and my Hubbie) at my lightest on July 4, 2015.
    Ran a 5K in the am and won an arm wrestling tournament in the pm. I want that Shauna back!
  • MurderMeSomeFat
    Options
    pvw7p570dkcr.jpg
    Me now...
  • MurderMeSomeFat
    Options
    hkqa8nx3wygq.jpg
    Embarrassing! 7/4/15 VS 7/4/16
    Truth needs to be told
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    You're already past your first hurdle, you can do this! I am struggling with getting back to really wanting to lose weight (I do, but I always hold myself back) and now I need to lose about 80lbs, compared to the 50-60 a few months ago. Start off by changing one thing at a time, one week at a time. I am doing that. The little things will add up in the end. You know what you're capable of!!
  • TimeToChange007
    TimeToChange007 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey, you're already making a step in the right direction! I'm 20, female and have about 130lbs to lose. I've been through some similar weight loss/gain experiences with health issues and I'd love to help ya out and be a motivation buddy if you're interested! Feel free to add me :)
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm a little over halfway to my goal of losing 80 lbs. Started at 237 and currently around 194. Feel free to add me :)
  • tinamarie6624
    tinamarie6624 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I've had a long journey but still have a long journey left. I started in January 2016 at 378 Lbs. I've lost 151 Lbs so far. I still have 112 Lbs to go so I have a long way to go. I also will keep logging when I get to my maintaining weight as I think this is a great way to keep yourself motivated.
  • klnlrl1992
    klnlrl1992 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too have had health issues from other issues. I am a surviver of breast cancer, diabetic, have lupus like symptoms. My three boys have different stages of autism. And I too have over 100 pounds to lose. Whatever I have or may have had does not make me who I am. So I am here if you need a supportive friend that knows and want triumph over troubles.
  • kellansmommy11
    kellansmommy11 Posts: 61 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I am in the middle of my journey. I started out at 237 pounds and I am currently at 195. I'm wanting to get down to 130-132. We will see if I actually make it there. If anyone would like to add me, that would be wonderful. I really like to encourage others and see people reach their goals.
  • Holly23bgs
    Holly23bgs Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm turning 28 in two weeks, a wife and a mom. My total journey plans to be at least 90 lbs (I say at least because I have a number in mind that gets me to the high end of healthy bmi and when its so far off I can't imagine that I can get below it, but if I get there maybe I'll just keep going to get some wiggle room haha). I'm halfway through, at approximately 46 lbs lost. Looking for motivating friends so you can add me if you like :)
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You've got this! I have right at 135lbs to lose and I'm just starting it's been a struggle that's for sure!