Starting again!

Options
Mayra_121
Mayra_121 Posts: 128 Member
Hello everyone!
Although I have always been overweight, it wasn't until late 2012 that I decided to actually commit to losing weight and focused on exercising and eating right. In 2013 I joined MFP and went from about 190 to 150 (I am 5'3) which was the lowest I had ever remembered being. I was able to maintain my weight at 155 for about 6 or 7 months and then I slowly went back to my old bad habits. My eating got out of control and I stopped exercising. In the last two years, I gained back all the weight I lost plus an additional 25lbs on top of that. None of my old clothes fit but it wasn't until I saw some recent pictures of myself that I actually realized how bad things had gotten. I decided that I wasn't going to wait another month for those New Years resolutions and have been doing everything possible to get back on track. I am logging my foods to MFP and started working out again. I have about an 80lb journey ahead of me. And even though I know its going to be hard I am really determined to see this through. Right now I am looking for new friends here in MFP so we can motivate and encourage each other in this new journey.

So who's with me??? =)

Replies

• KetoKattt
    KetoKattt Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to lose 60 pounds on MFP after having gained 30 pounds back. I would love to be MFP friends, I'll add you!
  • BabyKiwi07
    BabyKiwi07 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm with you :) feel free to add me.
  • amcswain01
    amcswain01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Back to square one. 25 pounds to drop here.
  • verbrady
    verbrady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Am with you I have lost the same 60lbs over and over and gain back I have lost count. I don't even believe in myself anymore but am trying my best starting over.
  • IUFAN16
    IUFAN16 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Always could use another friend for motivation and accountability
  • Josephiner217
    Josephiner217 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I'm 5'2 and need to lose 20,25lbs. I'm trying to think 5/10 at a time so I'm not overwhelmed. Gym bag packed, going straight after work! :smile: