Any foods you can't trust yourself with?

The other day I bought some vita-weet crispbreads with the idea that I would try something different at lunch. They were so delicious I couldn't stop eating them! Haha

Blew my calorie budget that day and pretty certain I'm not ready to have those yummies in my house again for a while. :D

Do you have any foods you find too tempting to leave in the cupboard?

Replies

• xSJBx
    xSJBx Posts: 24 Member
    Crisps/Chips! I cannot resist them. Total weakness! :smile:
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    I agree with chips/crackers are a tough one for me too. I ate a whole box of good thins crackers and was so peeved with myself. I immediately portion the whole box into snack baggies when I get it home now!
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    edited December 2016
    Cookies. :( I can't buy them from the bakery of my grocery store or make a batch because I will eat them all (or most). I've tried pre-portioning them out into sandwich bags, but I know they're still there and it doesn't work long term. Sadly not too many places sell just one or two cookies.

Also pizza. Kind of. I'm fine if my husband gets it because I'll just eat a slice or two, but I cannot get my own unless I plan to just eat pizza that day.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Nutella. And Ice Cream.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    zoemc01 wrote: »
    The other day I bought some vita-weet crispbreads with the idea that I would try something different at lunch. They were so delicious I couldn't stop eating them! Haha

Blew my calorie budget that day and pretty certain I'm not ready to have those yummies in my house again for a while. :D

Do you have any foods you find too tempting to leave in the cupboard?

Anytime I find myself kind of losing control I remember it doesn't taste the same as the first couple of chips for example... like by #10 I am just shoveling them in my mouth.. they don't taste as good as # 1-3 so I figure I'll stop and have some more later when my taste buds have readjusted.

IDK if that will help but that's what I do, and Ice cream, I have a hard time with ice cream, I can eat a 2L tub in a sitting... Double peanut butter ice cream if you're wondering what flavor

• prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Doritos, barbeque chips and french onion dip, townhouse or ritz crackers and block cheese!!! If I start it's over for the day!!!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Double Dunker Turkey Hill ice cream and Trader Joe's Chocolate Almond granola.
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Any salty/sweet snack that doesn't come pre-portioned. Luckily I've started bringing these to my BF's house to share, and leaving them there for him to finish.

Also peanut butters/strawberry preserves/marshmallow fluff/cookie butters or other spreads that are easily eaten from a jar with a spoon.

Chips with queso.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    king crab legs I will eat for just ever!! Its ridiculas
  • mathmom2525
    mathmom2525 Posts: 1 Member
    All types of baked goods and sweets. I love to bake and try to tell myself I will only eat on my free days, but that never works. I eat them all week long
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    At the moment, quite a few. Cookies, especially.

Always? Almond butter.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Potato chips and Doritos
  • concavenotconvex
    concavenotconvex Posts: 23 Member
    Madeleines, I love the fat of the butter. I'll eat two or three and those things are anywhere from 100 to 140 calories. :(