Pizza Fail!

Options

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    You could have either simply been exposed to the flu, or rotavirus, or salmonella poisoning. Gall stones are a possibility but generally that will end up with pain that will make you think you're having a heart attack, not necessarily lower abdominal pain. But.. hey.. I'm no doctor, I've simply had gallstone attacks in the past and know they feel like a hot knife being thrust through your sternum under your rib cage, usually in the middle or right hand side. Anyway, did anyone else who ate the pizza feel ill?
  • 10alliemarie
    10alliemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I thought I have read that gallbladder problems can develop after rapid weight loss. For instance, people who have weight loss surgery run the risk of gallbladder problems.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I haven't had quite so violent a reaction but I treated myself to steak frites last week and my stomach was pretty unhappy after. The treats aren't quite the treats we think they are going to be after a stretch of eating fresh and un-fried.
  • jomariewill
    jomariewill Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It was the flu.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    It was the flu.

Well, that will do it! I hope you feel better.
    Nobody insulted you anywhere at all. He simply made a comment about your rate of weight loss, and asked if you had a lot of weight to lose. That's really fast weight loss and if you can lose that much while eating 1600 cals more power to you.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Coca-Cola. I used to drink 2-3 cans a day of the stuff. Then I gave it up during an earlier period of getting back into shape. After only a month off it, I discovered it had become undrinkable. It didn't make me sick or anything like that; it just tasted like kitten.

Seems I didn't really like it. I was just used to it.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    ok Im sorry but 26 pounds in a month? People get upset when I say I lost 24lbs in 9 weeks and I get it. I lost 1lb a day when I had an eating disorder. 26lbs in a month is a lot. Were you retaining water? If that is what you're losing based on the recommendations of the app it means you logged your activity level wrong or something because it is NOT healthy to lose 1lb per day at all and that's almost what you did. You can destroy your body if you keep it up. I would see your dr to make sure you weren't retaining too much fluid or something...otherwise I'd adjust your diary because whether you want to hear it or not - that's not healthy.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Oh and I just read it was the flu and I hope you feel better. I stand by the rest. You dont want your body to give out. I have low vitamin D and I had a severe bone injury likely related to it...if you lose too quick your body can have negative consequences. We're not judging, just warning you and trying to help prevent those negative things.
  • AwesomeHealth
    AwesomeHealth Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'd try switching to a healthier pizza. Try thin crust pizza and different brands plus try spinach pizza. Maybe even try making your own. I don't know what pizza you had though. Just something to think about. Also, you can order pizza without the tomato sauce. I didn't think that was possible, but it tasted good to me.

Losing weight fast can contribute to gallbladder stones. If you can, I'd recommend losing weight slowly. It's better on your body and most likely to stick because you give your body time to adjust to the change.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    It was the flu.

Is the "I'm sorry for jumping down the throat of someone who expressed an interest in my overall health and wellbeing" implied in that statement?

Hope you feel better soon OP, but please do consider slowing down that rate of loss.

:laugh:
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    ok Im sorry but 26 pounds in a month? People get upset when I say I lost 24lbs in 9 weeks and I get it. I lost 1lb a day when I had an eating disorder. 26lbs in a month is a lot. Were you retaining water? If that is what you're losing based on the recommendations of the app it means you logged your activity level wrong or something because it is NOT healthy to lose 1lb per day at all and that's almost what you did. You can destroy your body if you keep it up. I would see your dr to make sure you weren't retaining too much fluid or something...otherwise I'd adjust your diary because whether you want to hear it or not - that's not healthy.

Morbidly obese people lose really quickly at first, you can't say if it is healthy or not unless she's more than a few months out. My friend is crazy tall [6+ feet] and started over 300 lbs and she lost that amount her first month. Her weight loss has slowed down a lot since then and now she's losing at a more normal rate.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Thank goodness it wasn't the pizza.

IKR! I hate it when my pizza gets sick.

ETA:
    eltduzebe23r.jpeg
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options