For the guys. Anyone simply hate urinal talk?

Options
I guess I just look like I'm open to conversation (which under normal circumstances, I am), but I despise when I'm peeing and someone walks up in the urinal next to me and feels like they have to strike up a conversation.

How do you guys feel?

Replies

• MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    better than them peaking down at mine and giving me a weird cheesy wink/grin
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    uh, no.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    LOl you must be attractive, cause no one ever talks to me at the urinal... lol Take it as a compliment.
  • lowcarbog
    lowcarbog Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The Worst! Totally breaking urinal etiquette..Eyes straight ahead, do your business, and move on!
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    cgshall74 wrote: »
    The Worst! Totally breaking urinal etiquette..Eyes straight ahead, do your business, and move on!

This.
    This is the ONLY valid urinal etiquette.
  • Hungry_Angler
    Hungry_Angler Posts: 175 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I guess I just look like I'm open to conversation (which under normal circumstances, I am), but I despise when I'm peeing and someone walks up in the urinal next to me and feels like they have to strike up a conversation.

How do you guys feel?

How many urinals are separating you and Mr. Talkative? If there's at least two, then I'm down for some chit chat. I got zero problems multi-tasking.

Edited to add Disclaimer: Similar to eating a banana, absolutely no eye contact.
  • ddoud71
    ddoud71 Posts: 2,741 Member
    Options
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of guys are cruising you or something

Nobody ever does that to me but also I usually use a stall anyway, not a urinal

If the place is empty I'll use a urinal but thats aboot it
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If it's your coworkers in the office, totally normal and permissible.

At a train station or movie theater - keep quiet.

I agree with this. I am personal enough with my coworkers that a little talk is ok (it's kind of like a water cooler, i guess). But yeah, strangers bug the crap outta me.
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Options

How do you guys feel?

How many urinals are separating you and Mr. Talkative? If there's at least two, then I'm down for some chit chat. I got zero problems multi-tasking.

Edited to add Disclaimer: Similar to eating a banana, absolutely no eye contact.

The 2 urinals at work are only separated by a shoulder-high divider. I'm not even worried about peeking/glancing. It's just that if someone is talking to me that I don't know while I'm trying to do that, I just can't relax enough to go.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I was in a weird urinal to stall convo yesterday. I was at the wall doing my thing and a buddy walks in and starts a convo. That was the first erros. Then, he continue to the stall and he is jabbering with me STILL while he is grunting a grumpy out.

WTH?
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    When I was younger, this really irritated me. As I've aged and become more mature, less so. I'm still not looking to meet any new friends that way and I won't be the one to strike up a conversation though.

Yeah, I mean, a quick "hi." is ok. Or even "how's it goin" (you know, the rhetorical one). But if it goes beyond that, I'm just like "dude...really?"
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options

Nobody talks to me when I'm standing at a urinal.

I'm too busy singing at the top of my lungs.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I don't like it, no. But what does drive me really crazy are guys at the urinal or in the stalls talking to wives or girlfriends or talking business on their cell phones. It's a weird sort of invasion of privacy of everyone else in the restroom.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Nobody talks to me when I'm standing at a urinal.

I'm too busy singing at the top of my lungs.

Would it be weird if I used one of those gogirl things where girls can pee standing up and joined you in song at the urinal next to you?

weird?

....maybe

awesome?

without question
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    The urinals are a sacred place in the evolution of man. We mustn't relinquish these fruitful chats.

The man who dislikes urinal talk strikes me as a man who hasn't much say in his life. Be free, bredren.