Looking for Low carb, low protein, high fat recipes

Options
Need ideas for make ahead stuff that is easy to grab on the go. I do lots of things with eggs and cheese but am going over in protein. Thanks!

Replies

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any off hand, but when I was doing LCHF, I found a TON of stuff on Pinterest. You might want to start there!

Cheese is the best! :smiley:
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Butter and cream.
  • VKetoV
    VKetoV Posts: 111 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm restricting protein too. Mostly sticking with salads dressed with avocado &/or salsa. Other combinations include low carb vegetables (broccoli, brusselsprouts, cabbage) cooked in an oven & dressed with fat of choice. Simple stuff
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Perhaps set your proteins for the day and add fats to it? Add butter to a steak and veggies. A handful of nuts. Possibly fat bombs?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Why are you aiming for low protein? Isn't LCHF usually moderate protein? What is your protein goal?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Why are you aiming for low protein? Isn't LCHF usually moderate protein? What is your protein goal?

I am curious as well, protein is fairly important while losing weight.

Also, to answer the OP, look at some full fat cheeses, cook in olive oil, butter or coconut oil.
  • edyn_Blair
    edyn_Blair Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    the ketogenic cookbook is $14 on amazon and there is one called Fat Bombs thats good as well. lots of yummy stuff
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

Low carb can be anywhere from low protein (just over minimum requirements) to high protein, although ketogenic diets are usually not high protein because the protein interferes with ketone production. Most at moderate protein and often towards the lower end. LCHF diets tend to be muscle sparing, especially towards the lower end of low carb. Excess protein is simply that. Excess.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

Low carb can be anywhere from low protein (just over minimum requirements) to high protein, although ketogenic diets are usually not high protein because the protein interferes with ketone production. Most at moderate protein and often towards the lower end. LCHF diets tend to be muscle sparing, especially towards the lower end of low carb. Excess protein is simply that. Excess.

They are only muscle sparring when protein and training enable it. The majority of the studies that support it being muscle sparring usually have protein between 1.5g to 2.2g/kg of body weight. And often one of the first things done in a low carb study is increase protein 2 or 3x the RDA. So excessive protein doesn't become excessive until you exceed 2.2g/kg during weight loss.
  • angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm getting plenty of protein in fact often going over my 70gr per day. I guess I should have been more clear, it's becoming difficult to find high fat foods that are also not protein rich, besides adding butter and cheese to everything, I was hoping to find people with similar issues. I'm allergic to avocado and trying to limit dairy as well. Thanks