Spinach Mushroom Fritata

Options
pamela1129
pamela1129 Posts: 59 Member
I teach a cooking class at school and this is one of the healthier recipes we used last year. I just came across it and decided to make it this morning. VERY tasty! I'm going to post a picture on my blog or here if I can figure out how to do it

3 cloves garlic minced
1 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
10-oz. bag of fresh spinach
1 tablespoon water
10 eggs OR egg substitute equivalent to 10 eggs
1 teaspoon dried dill or 1 tablespoon fresh dill
1/4 cup feta cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. In a 10 inch or 12 inch nonstick, ovenproof skillet, saute garlic and onion for about five minutes. Add mushrooms and thyme. Cook an additional 5 minutes. Remove skillet from stove. Place spinach in a separate saucepan. Add 1 tablespoon water. Cover and cook until just wilted. Drain spinach and let cool in colander. Squeeze out any liquid. Chop leaves.

In a large bowl beat together eggs, dill and pepper. Stir in the spinach, mushroom mixture and feta cheese. Clean non-stick skillet and spray liberally with non-stick cooking spray. Return skillet to stove over medium heat. When skillet is hot, pour in egg mixture. Place in oven uncovered. Check fritata in ten minutes. Check every five minutes thereafter until the center of the fritata is slightly firm. Do NOT overcook.

When fritata is done, place a large plate over skillet and flip skillet over so that the fritata falls onto the plate. Cut and serve.

Calories: 117
Protein: 12
Carbs: 9
Total fat: 3
Cholesterol 5
Sodium 300
Fiber 3g
Potassium 26.7 mg
calcium 73 mg

Replies

• TorridCutie
    TorridCutie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Does this serve 8?

Looks like a very delicious recipe that I will have to try. Thanks for sharing it.
  • pamela1129
    pamela1129 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It would serve 8 easily!

Do you know how to post pictures on here?
  • cynusps
    cynusps Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Are the calories per serving and if so how many serving per fritata?
  • Evotchka
    Evotchka Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    that sounds like something I would really enjoy! Thanks for enjoying!!
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    This sounds REALLY good - wish I could get my crew to eat fresh spinach :huh: - I am the only one that will - to me it makes more sense than lettuce! LOL! Thanks for the recipe! :happy:
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I bet it would be good if you added fresh tomatoes to this. I've already copied and pasted and can't wait to try this out! Thanks for posting this.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, I will be trying this. YUM
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    bump