Lemon and Lime in Water- FYI

Options
Found an article that would help lose the pounds....

http://www.ehow.com/print/facts_5525966_lemon-lime-water-weightloss.html

Replies

• MDdavis25
    MDdavis25 Posts: 7
    Options
    I do the lemons now I will also add limes, thanks.
  • jersey0725
    jersey0725 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am drinking it right now. I also added a few green tea leaves and a pinch of sweetener.
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    HERE IS THE ARTICLE. I DO THIS AT LEAST ONCE DAILY....

Lemon or Lime Water for Weight Loss

Print this articleAdding lemon or lime juice to water is a simple strategy to help drop pounds and cleanse your body of unhealthy toxins. Squeeze some citrus flavor into water for an easy, natural way to lose weight.

Method
    Add 1 oz. of juice to 8 oz. of water. This amount of juice equals about half a lemon or a whole lime.

Diuretic Properties
    Lemon and lime juices are natural diuretics, so adding them to water helps flush the body of excess fluids. This can help relieve bloating and constipation.

Digestion
    The citric acid in these fruits can also help the liver to produce more bile, which aids in better food digestion.

Appetite Reduction
    According to the Mayo Clinic, the traditional advice of drinking 64 oz. of water a day may be an overestimation. But drinking a lot of water can help you feel full, which reduces the amount of food you eat and leads to weight loss.

Warning
    If lemon or lime juice is consumed without being diluted in water, it can damage the enamel of your teeth.
  • ohlisalisa
    Options
    I love the fresh taste lemon or lime gives to water! Thanks for the link to the article!
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I had heard about this a while back. What I do though is to slice up my fruit in the morning. I have one of those monster insulated mugs that holds 32 oz of water with 2 ice trays in it. I toss the fruit in with the ice, fill with water and drink this all day refilling as needed. I love the taste of with the lemon and lime in together, but if you want to do one or the other it works too. The green tea it sounds good too jersey0735. I might have to try that.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    We do this quite frequently, especially in summer. Refreshing!
  • susangell
    susangell Posts: 7
    Options
    Cucumber slices in water is very tasty, too.
  • GretaJane
    GretaJane Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yum, I will have to try this! Like the cucumber idea and green tea.

Have to add - my boss has had problems with enamel and she drinks hot water with lemon in the mornings followed by brushing her teeth - she warned me that her dentist told her that the acidity of the lemon/lime weakens the enamel and that brushing straight after can be more likely to wear away the enamel. Basically if you like your citrus, don't brush straight away afterwards. Same goes for fizzy drinks - my fave is coke zero.

So just be careful peeps, don't brush post-citrus and maybe look into a pro-enamel toothpaste if you drink this everyday! :smile: