Best Hot Tea for Bloating?

Options
Best hot tea for bloating/digestion? Not interested in the stuff that the celebrities shill. Thanks! :)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Ask the person who told you about bloating and tea?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Bloating? What is bloating? You mean gassy?
  • crissy1110
    crissy1110 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Yeah, I'm not even understanding your response. I'm assuming you're being sarcastic...

• crissy1110
    crissy1110 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Bloated. Gassy. Digestive system just not feeling great. I wasn't sure if there was a type of tea that could help soothe bloat/gas.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    crissy1110 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm not even understanding your response. I'm assuming you're being sarcastic...
    Not at all. I'm asking the same as Liz. What is bloating? How would tea help? You must have gotten the idea somewhere, that tea would help. That is the source you should be getting the rest of the instructions from. Otherwise, pharmacy or doctor is the ordinary route.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    crissy1110 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Bloated. Gassy. Digestive system just not feeling great. I wasn't sure if there was a type of tea that could help soothe bloat/gas.

I would probably suggest probiotics if you are having digestive issues.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    This^^ or Yogurt! This may sound weird, but yoga with all the twisting poses have helped me.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Kefir too or if you really want tea kombucha
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I drink tea everyday and it never occurred to me that any type would be good for bloating issues. Now, some teas with caffeine definitely have a diuretic effect so if you are trying to pee a lot, that would work! ;-)

Otherwise, I agree with the others on bloating/indigestion issues. Try a good probiotic source such as yogurt or kefir, but go easy on it. If you are not used to it, that in and of itself can cause some temporary issues.
  • eugenia94102
    eugenia94102 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Foods that have live fermentation agents can help with digestive issues. Miso soup is another option in addition to the ones in the previous replies. Fennel tisane was an old home medicine for colic infants - I don't think it works (and it certainly should not be given to infants).
  • Ploofs
    Ploofs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I use peppermint tea :).
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Fennel seed tea :smile:

My grandmother's secret weapon for stomach/digestive problems.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Is bloating a regular occurrence for you? If so, I would rather find what is causing it. If it is only occasional I would suggest a mint or peppermint tea if your heart is set on tea or you cold even add a few mint leaves to water.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Smooth Move (senna tea) if you're bloated due to constipation. Stay near a toilet!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Yogi tea does different ones
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea is lovely, and I think it helps a bit!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea.

But that sambuca idea? SOLD!