Eating in Portugal help

Options
Hey, so I will be spending some time in Portugal and was wondering if anyone could share with me some vegetarian meals that I can eat there? In Spain there are markets called mercados that have like a little separated area where you could eat prepared meals and I stumbled across many vegetarian meals there, are there such institutions in Portugal and especially Lisbon?I'm also counting my calories so any information on traditional meals and their calorie count are welcome, especially regarding the desserts and which ones from them are lighter? Also, are there any restaurants besides international fast food chains that have their calories listed?

Replies

• Arapacana1
    Arapacana1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Eat a lot of the fresh fish and seafood and walk around as much as you can! Sightseeing burns calories!
  • untitled756
    untitled756 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fish
  • sinbos
    sinbos Posts: 28 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    'Princesa do Castelo' Is a nice vegetarian restaurant close to the Castelo de Jorge in Lisbon. And you can get nice Sandwiches almost everywhere
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Hey, so I will be spending some time in Portugal and was wondering if anyone could share with me some vegetarian meals that I can eat there? In Spain there are markets called mercados that have like a little separated area where you could eat prepared meals and I stumbled across many vegetarian meals there, are there such institutions in Portugal and especially Lisbon?I'm also counting my calories so any information on traditional meals and their calorie count are welcome, especially regarding the desserts and which ones from them are lighter? Also, are there any restaurants besides international fast food chains that have their calories listed?

http://www.heartofavagabond.com/traditional-vegetarian-portuguese-foods/

No calories listed but here is a website that talks about vegetarian Portuguese foods.