I need insane, insanity mfp friends :)

Options
Hi all,
My name's Tal.

I did insanity, p90x & asylum about 4 years ago and went from 240lb down to 180lb (60lb loss).

When it comes to workouts, I'm a cardio freak (used to be a boxer), so get bored of weights quite quickly. But my fitness shoots up real quick as well.

Unfortunately, food and life just got me down... I ended up putting all the weight back on went back to 243lb. I've decided to change for the good. But thought maybe a fellow insanity buddy would be good, or anyone for that matter.

I'm in week 4 of insanity and have lost 7lb so far and I follow the nutrition plan (currently at 235lb)

If anyone is in a similar situation or doing a similar programme, why not help motivate each other?

Catch you soon
Tal

Replies

• Coburn_
    Coburn_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Tal,

Sounds familiar!

I used to be an active stage builder for years, which kept me in shape easily. People used to think I was lifting weights, but it was work that kept me in shape.

But as you said, life happened and things changed. Different jobs and less active field work and before I knew it I was 220 lbs. There were some moments where I tried to make a change, but the changes I tried to make tended to be to extreme so it was hard to follow through.

This time I used a different approach, about six weeks ago I first changed my eating habits. Starting with making sure to have a breakfast, lunch and a home cooked diner. Then slowly I started to pay attention to the ingredients. When I reached the point where it became a habit to have only healthy meals with a good balance between carbs, fats and proteins, I started Insanity. This was two weeks ago. Today is my rest day after week two.

When I started Insanity I added two healthy snacks a day (mostly fruit) so I’m eating 5/6 meals a day now.

The last time I stepped on the scales I was 209 lbs, but I have to say I don’t use the scales much. For me it’s much more important to just stick with this lifestyle change then to focus on the little steps in progress. I have seen to many people get discouraged because in some cases it can take a while before the scales will give you the numbers you have been working for. Most people in similar situations are out of shape, so you will be burning fat, but also be gaining muscle in the process. I rather wait for the mirror to tell me things are changing and of course my pants and belt won’t lie to me either!

Besides that, I noticed some rather big changes in my energy levels and my stamina. So must be on the right track.

Anyway, good to see someone else in a familiar situation and sticking to it.
    Dig deeper!

Coburn
  • TalQureshi
    TalQureshi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I think my issue is, I see the progress in the fit tests and measurements... But if that scale don't move I get vexed :) but your definitely right
  • Coburn_
    Coburn_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    TalQureshi wrote: »
    Yeah... I think my issue is, I see the progress in the fit tests and measurements... But if that scale don't move I get vexed :) but your definitely right

That's why the scale is less important then the results you get from the fit tests and measurements.

Besides the burning fat and gaining muscle, your body needs time to adapt to the new lifestyle. If you just stick to it, your body doesn't have a choice but to show the results you have been working for.
    Also it seems that most people get the best part of their results in the second month, so you're close!

I wasn't even able to count during my first fit test. I was way to busy gasping for air and keeping the focus on the exercises. I then decided I wouldn't care for those types of results during the first round of Insanity. For me it's just a matter of watching my diet and sticking to the workouts.
    I notice the progress I make during the workouts themself, and throughout every day since I feel more energized then ever!

Just stick to it and never make any excuses, then results will ALWAYS follow.
  • mizztanjo2
    mizztanjo2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not in the "same boat" but I understand you guys. My kiddos started school a couple months ago and I felt lost and turned off my fitness freak and turned to junk food, wine, eating out. I didn't gain a ton but I felt really bad. JUst lazy and tired all the time.
    I decided to stop playing around and pressed play on Insanity again. That was 24 days ago and I am still going strong, following the 21 day fix meal plan, and feel terrific! It's great to see other Insaniacs on here as well!
  • TalQureshi
    TalQureshi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi #mizztanjo2, what's the 21 day fix?

I'm eating around 1500-2000 calories per day and aim at:

Carbs in the morning/afternoon only
    No food after 7pm
    2l water
    Super green shakes and protein
    Veg or salad with every meal

Protein 40%
    Carbs 30%