gaining healthy weight

Options
i'm at 91lbs and i'm trying to get to 105lbs, i need a lot of help to gain weight fast but the healthy way any suggestions?

Replies

• reginad10
    reginad10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You've got to hit the gym and start lifting weight and you also have to increase your calorie intake. Lots of chicken breast, oatmeal, eggs, sweet potatoes are always a clean way to gain. Have you been entering your food to the diary? How much calories are you eating a day?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Fast weight gain and healthy weight gain don't really mean the same thing, unless you are significantly underweight and have been advised to do so by a medical professional.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Pretty much. But to gain weight, do it at a moderate pace (1lb or less per week) and follow a progressive overload lifting program (found below), so that some of you gain won't be fat. Follow the gain with a cut if you want to minimize the amount of fat and the bulk again. Rinse and repeat until you like the results.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you#latest
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 4 and I usually consume about 500-600 calories a day but i know that i need about 3000 calories a day but i just find it really hard for me to get that much into me in a day

That's about 6TBSPs of peanut butter. You can easily get more calories. You just need to eat more calorie dense food.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you need 3000? I'm 5"3 and have been gaining on less than that. Unless that's due to my age and activity levels.
    Have you set mfp to gain at .5 or 1lb a week?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Are you sure you need 3000? I'm 5"3 and have been gaining on less than that. Unless that's due to my age and activity levels.

Yeah i set my thing to gain 0.5lbs a week

As a male, that probably isn't too unreasonable. I would track it for 3-4 weeks and if you gain too much, scale back on calories a bit; if you don't gain enough, increase calories. In the end, all things are estimates and it doesn't take into consideration individual factors.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

As a male, that probably isn't too unreasonable. I would track it for 3-4 weeks and if you gain too much, scale back on calories a bit; if you don't gain enough, increase calories. In the end, all things are estimates and it doesn't take into consideration individual factors.

Do u have any meal plan or any suggestions for me to do to gain healthy weight cause it's really hard for me to gain

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

3k is fairly easy, especially if you are focusing on higher calorie/nutrient dense foods. To gain healthy, concentrate on nutrient dense foods and drinks (e.g., milk) to address your nutrient requirements, but also feel free incorporate "junk" foods, like ones found in my list. Also, gain slowly. Fast gain typically can lead to health issue. Work to build some muscle to help reduce body fat % increases (higher body fat = may lead to long term health issues).

Ultimate, if you want to be healthy, exericse + moderate pace of gain. Those are the keys. If you want to maximize muscle growth, follow a progressive overload lifting program, have protein around .8g per lb of weight (go higher if you would like) and there may be some benefit of spreading protein, but that is largely as as important as total calories, training, or total protein consumption.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

My mistake,I was assuming the op was female, apologies!