Looking for advice on the 30day shred.

Options
So I was thinking of starting this workout. I have watched and tried some of Jullian's work out but wow, She's so fit and I just don't keep up. So what I am wondering is... is there a beginners? Should I be in good shape before starting? I have seen many post on it and what I have seen has been awesome, there seems to be good success with it. I am so bored with my exercise machines, and I think my body is bored with them as well. Any info would help out Ive looked online, but it doesn't seem to be specific on what lvl of work out it is.

Replies

• angmac1976
    angmac1976 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just do it! It will be really hard at first, but you have to work hard to get results, right? It's a great workout and it goes by so quickly!
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    I believe you can do this. I wasn't working out very much before I did this DVD the first time. The first couple of days were rough and I was sore but I kept with it and saw results!
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I did it....with good results....just do it....there are some low impact on there...
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!

Heres my blog for all the advice I can give...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/tinalatina

Have fun and keep on shreddin it!
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i go the dvd from my sister, who bought it but didn't like it b/c the jumping was too hard for her (she also lives in a second floor apartment). i have gone through stages of working out, so when i started it, i was a little out of working out habits, but not 'out of shape'. there are 'beginner' options, such as push ups on knees instead of toes, lower intensity 'jump ropes' and that sort of thing. i think it's pretty easy to modify if it's too hard, but if you have been working out with machines, i don't think you'd have any trouble at all. good luck!
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    30 DS is HARD but so worth it. Even for people IN shape it is still a challenge.
    I 110% suggest you start it. Plus, Jillian's helpers go at two different intensities--you could follow the lower one.

It's a really great workout, you just have to push through it and NOT stop. You'll definitely notice improvement by the end of the first week.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    There are 3 levels. She says to go at your own pace, move on to next level when you are ready. Each level consists of a warm up, (3) 6 minute intervals and cool down. Each 6 minute interval is (3) minutes strength, (2) minutes cardio (1) abs. The strength piece you use hand weights.

I am NOT fit, but I was able to do it modified. It's fairly intense for a short workout, but you can modify it somewhat. It's a good mix, my problem is I don't like JM. but if you don't mind her attitude, it's a good workout.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i have to say i do struggle with it.
    but i struggle more with the strength side.
    thhe cardio im fine with, it just makes me very thirsty.
    but the strength.. im only using 2.5 lb weights..
    but i have to like cheat a little... like the last strength workout of level 1 i try to raise te weights to my eyes for as long as i can.. but always end just doing curls while side lunging... =3
    lol...
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    30 Day Shred was hard but I did feel myself getting stronger!By the end I was ALOT stronger,I could do more pushups and get through the whole workout without stopping.You can do it!:smile:
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I started it today, and didn't find it too incredibly difficult. There were definitely moments where I felt like I was pushing myself, but nothing horrible. (*Note - I've got issues with my sciatica, so modified the jumping jack parts a bit by keeping my arms moving but doing more like calf raises or alternating legs stepping back and forth to the side. I figure it's what I can do without excruciating pain, and it's definitely better than nothing...)

As far as my fitness level - I've always been pretty strong, but haven't really worked out in a couple of years. (I have a Curves membership, but it doesn't feel like a proper workout to me, and I only go sporadically.)