Beach Body Suppliments

Options
My hubby & I just started Power90 this weekend. And I noticed Tony mention supplements a couple times during the video. So last night I went to the website and saw supplements for weight loss and general health. Just looking for some input, have you tried any, which ones, how did you like them?

Thanks!

Replies

• Nlongenecker
    Options
    My hubby & I just started Power90 this weekend. And I noticed Tony mention supplements a couple times during the video. So last night I went to the website and saw supplements for weight loss and general health. Just looking for some input, have you tried any, which ones, how did you like them?

Thanks!
  • soopatodd
    Options
    There is an awesome group on Facebook dedicated to Power 90 and mainly P90x. I would check with them because there are a number of beachbody coaches logged on and there are also recommendations of other similar suppiments.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Oh you will love the results you will get with P90! Are you doing P90 or P90X? I have completed P90 a couple of times and got in the best shape of my life after baby #2. I just had baby #3 and have started P90 again. Not taking supplements right now but did in the past. I used the slimming formula and liked it. I don't think they are really necessary though ~ I have to take just a multiple vitamin right now because I am breastfeeding.

Definitely stick to the program ~ you have found a gem with that program!

Bethe
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I drink whey protein shakes for more protein after the workout. Cheaper at Walmart, esp. in the States. I also have the BB Recovery Drink he yaps about. I have that after a heavy duty w/o day-earlier in the day. It's yummy. The PVL Whey lime drink at Walmart is yummy too-like to put some vodka in it some days!
  • gpatlan
    Options
    Hello, in regards to specific Beachbody Suppliments..I currently use the P90X Recovery Drink (which rejuvinates your body quickly from a extreme work out like the one Tony puts you through. I also take the P90X Peak Health Formula (Multi-Vitamin), I did compare it to the one I was previously taking that i purchased from a health store and it was so much better. In the P90X program there is PlyoX (which is jump training) so, I also take the "joint support" vitamin from Beachbody to protect my joints. which has been good.

Beachbody does have other non-P90X related Multi-vitamins called ActiVit which is just as good! As well the Cal Mag Vitamin(Calcuim and Magnessium) for those that are not getting enough Calcium in their daily diet. (Average person should get 1,000 mg/day for men, premenopausal women, and postmenopausal women also taking estrogen per www.WebMD.com).

Beachbodys Omega 3 vitamin is also a great one it Promotes great cardiovascular health and optimal Brain health.

But, like anything else you should ask your doctor. If you would like to view all these vitamins (and print out the Suppliment facts) Please feel free to go to www.GetFitAndWinCash.com and click on "Products" and then click on "Browse The Product Catalog" TO VIEW AND PRINT OUT the ingredients and nutrition information for each vitamin.

Hope that helps!
    George
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I use the Total Women's Health formula, Joint Support Formula, and I used to use ActiVit (but had to put those on hold... not because I don't like them, but because I got put on Accutane and can't take vitamins/supplements w/vitamin A in it). I also buy their chocolate peanut butter protein bars... yummo! Oh, and I have the P90X Recovery Formula on hand for days when I REALLY work hard :)
    In the past I've used their Slimming Formula and it seemed to help me w/appetite and whatnot. The thing I like most... none of them have ever upset my tummy or given me the jitters.
    I'm an independent coach for Beachbody, so I've tried just about all of their products and like them all... I just can't afford to buy all of them every month... heheh.
    The meal replacement shakes are good, the protein powder is good... so, yeah, I enjoy their stuff :)
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just started P90X this week and love it already. I didn't buy into the recovery drink hype, but now I'm wondering if I should... I'm pretty sore after the Plyometrics workout and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if they have experienced significantly less soreness after this workout as a result of using the recovery drink?
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    The recovery drink is something I've done since the beginning but I make my own. I just drink 1 cup of grape juice (40g of carbs) and mix 1/2 scoop of my protein powder (10g protein) in water. I drink them separately after another. On the Beachbody forums some people post their own recipes using tang, gatorade, creatine for the guys, or just drink chocolate milk. I would like to try the official drink but I haven't seen it in stores and I won't order from the States (I like the country, just not our customs or shipping fees and duty fees).
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I save my Recovery Drink for Plyo days. And I hide it from my family. It is sooo yummy. Worth the $ to me. The vits-multi ,Vit D, Calcium and Omegas I buy at a grocery store to save some $$. LOVE PLYO AND KEMPO!!!:drinker: