Post pregnancy weight

Options
Hey! Is anyone out there striving to take off their pregnancy weight? I gained 40 pounds with my pregnancy and I'm really trying to get back to my optimal weight asap. I'm a little disappointed with how slowly this is going, especially since I'm breast feeding. This week I decided to dedicate myself to working out for the next 30 days in a row to help me build muscle, feel stronger, and lose weight. What is anyone else out there doing? What's worked for you? What struggles are you facing?

~Mel

Replies

• caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I also gained roughly 40 lbs and I am working to lose it, I have a two month old, and still holding on to the weight. I do different things. I love to run so I am doing the couch to 5k to get back into long distance running. I do the 30 day shred a few times a week as well, I also like Zumba, I have done it at home a few times.
    Good luck, it takes time and dedication. But hey we can do this.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I'll join the club! I had 40 to lose as well, I now have about 15-20 to go. I was also dissapointed at how long it takes, but at least we aren't alone! It's NUTS how much our bodies change after we carry a baby (or babies!)

Oh and I will tell you what works for me...Zumba!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 week old. I just started working out this week. I worked out hard core before I got pregnant and all throughout my pregnancy. So far I've lost 27 of my 40 pounds.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Well I was lol. I weighed 250 when I found out I was pregnant with my son nearly 7 years ago.. I never saw a number under 250 again until this past week, I weighed in at 248.8 woot!!!
  • mommyfor3boys
    mommyfor3boys Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes, I had my son 10 months ago he was in the nicu for a longer than a month and after he came home I put on weight since I was just sitting and watching him and things. Now I am paying for it... I am still nursing him also. I know they say you should have what 2,000 calories when nursing I am doing 1500 and he is fine and I haven't lost my milk. I have lost 17 lbs. I am walking almost everyday 2-4 miles and then doing a biggest loser dvd and lifting weights. You can do this ..
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    I gained 34lbs; twins delivered almost 4 months ago - I am about 6lbs away from pre-pregnancy. I lost 20 in the first two weeks, and I personally feel that the rest has been coming off slow (I blame the hormones, ha!), but all-in-all, I feel pretty good about how it's going so far.
  • Pat11d
    Pat11d Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've lost my pregnancy weight but its offset by the fact I'm still several sizes larger and still a lot less strength and stamina. I lost too much muscle mass while pregnant and have only got some of it back so far. The belly is the hardest since I pulled/tore some serious muscles and tendons in that area during the last trimester and delivery.
    I'm still breastfeeding but usually don't break 2000 calories a day like they recommend.
    I am stoked that I can feel biceps again and my calf muscles.
  • mbennion
    mbennion Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Glad to see there are others out there! I weighed in at 143.5 so I've lost 28.5 pounds. I'm ok with that except the fact that I lost 22 pounds the first week (don't ask me how, had to be water weight) so that's why I feel like it's been going slow for the other almost 7 weeks. I'm also amazed with how much celulite I have! I guess it's good for breast feeding but wow! I too also tried and am now in love with zumba! It's great because a couple night of the week it also gets me out of the house. When I don't do zumba I've started exercising here at home on my elliptical and doing floor exercises.
  • rita74
    rita74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I lost a ton the first week pp too. Now at 7 weeks pp the weight loss is going very slowly. I was eating 2000 calories a day because i was ebf but i just downed my calories to 1600 and i make sure that i am eating my exercise calories. I have also started doing weight exercises to tone back up. I am frustrated that none of my clothes fit me and really want to be able to fit into my clothes before i go back to work. About 10 years ago i lost a ton of weight. I know how to do it and am really motivated to do it again. Maybe i will check out Zumba classes...i used to do that at the gym and loved it.
  • mbennion
    mbennion Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a lot of fun and they're popping up everywhere. Not only are the dances and music high energy but at least at the classes I've been to there's a wide variety of people so I never feel like I'm the only one looking rediculous. I'm also doing my own 30 day challenge. I vowed to work out everyday for 30 days to try to rev up my energy and hopefully build some muscle to get my metabolism going. Today is day 7 and I've already sen some (very small) changes.