Is it possible to lose inches this way

Options
Right now I have simply been doing MFP and staying within my caloric goal without doing much working out. The scale has moved a little bit but I feel like I look different. Is it possible to have lost inches without working out? Does just the eating portion change your body composition?
Thanks!

Replies

• nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Ofcourse! Working out helps to tone your body to look good. Diet helps you lose ;) Together is the best but you can definitely change your body through diet alone.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    As you lose weight you will lose inches even without working out... but if you can, its good to get some exercise in - it has so many benefits health wise as well as helping create a bigger calorie deficit to make losing that bit easier :smile:
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    What do you think those inches are? ;p

But absolutely! You don't have to exercise to lose weight - just eat fewer calories than you burn. Exercise might add more to the "burn" part of the equation, but usually it's not enough for it to trump whatever you're doing diet-wise. Exercise has its own perks, of course - feeling good, being active, and improved muscle definition. But if you well and truly hate exercise, there's no rule that you HAVE to do it to lose weight.