Breakfast of Champions!

Options
JatieKo621
JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
:) So I want to know everyone's favorite breakfast-the kind that keeps you full for awhile and packs a lot punch! I used to eat only a piece of fruit but with hardcore insanity workouts that became way too little! I need energy and to feel good-so now I have my "Breakfast of Champions" and no it isn't a beer and pizza hahaha.

Steel cut oats with chopped apple, cinnamon, and ground flax seeds. No added sugar (I blend some of the apple up and use it to sweeten the oatmeal) and low cal! Plus I have energy for hours and feel full because of all of the fiber.

What is yours?

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I have either a Shakeology or a couple eggs fried in a spritz of olive oil. I'm a primal protein hound :)
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    English muffin, cereal (often 2 servings!) and an egg! :)
  • lilyfee
    lilyfee Posts: 1
    Options
    Thats a great idea! I usually have soy yoghurt, with a banana, raisins and nuts if I need an extra boost in the morning =)
  • PuzzleGirl65
    PuzzleGirl65 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal. I get the almond honey flax flavor and top it with a 1/2 c. of strawberries. It's like the grown-up version of Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries and definitely keeps me satisfied all morning.
  • amywatkin
    amywatkin Posts: 25
    Options
    Egg (either scrambled or soft boiled) on a slice of wholemeal toast, no butter or spread, sometimes add grilled tomatoes / mushrooms. And coffee to wake me up! The mix of protein + complex carbs keep me full until lunch, and tastes lovely too.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I just posted about steel cut oats-my new fav breakfast!!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Soy yoghurt, walnuts, ginger, and a sprinkle of cinnamon for the metabolism! Oh, and 3 cups of tea.
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Eggs,followed by greek yoghurt mixed with honey and strawberries/raspberries.
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have a have cup Oats and while its piping hot i add 1 egg white stir, sprinkle with cinnamon and thinly sliced apples and maybe a half cup of Almond Milk
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Almost every am I eat a whole wheat British style English muffin with almond butter. (Both from Trader Joes.) OR Trader Joes high fiber cereal with agave nectar. :smile: I usually eat about 7am and I'm good until 11 when I either have lunch or a snack. I like oatmeal, but I guess I'm a creature of habit!! :laugh:
  • dnnmccloud
    dnnmccloud Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    3 Strips of turkey bacon and two eggs usually last a good while, or you could have egg whites to save some calories.
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    Anything loaded with protein...

Kashi Go Loan High Protein cereal with Fiber Twigs and Soy Protein (with Soymilk)
    Kellogg's Protein Plus Cereal with Soymilk
    A couple of eggs, either fried or scrambled with some toast
    A nice protein shake (which ever is your favorite) with or without fruit cut up into it

The high protein breakfast keeps me from getting hungry for a good while. I also take high protein snacks for mid-morning and mid-afternoon. I firmly believe that protein is what keeps me from wanting to constantly snack.
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    oatmeal and two eggs..plus about 2-3 cups of water :)
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    I've been eating Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal. I get the almond honey flax flavor and top it with a 1/2 c. of strawberries. It's like the grown-up version of Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries and definitely keeps me satisfied all morning.

Aww I used to love cap'n crunch berries! I will have to try this for sure!
  • niclan724
    niclan724 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have to say I love my eggwhite omelet. 3 eggwhites, spinach and mozz cheese. Comes out to about 120 cals. Switch the mozz for feta cheese and it's only 99 cals! Sometimes I'll add salsa on top. YUM......
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    I just posted about steel cut oats-my new fav breakfast!!

I just discovered steel cut oats and I love them too! I was thinking about maybe trying to cook them with garlic and veggies for lunch someday as a "rice" because they are healthier? Just an idea..
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    I have to say I love my eggwhite omelet. 3 eggwhites, spinach and mozz cheese. Comes out to about 120 cals. Switch the mozz for feta cheese and it's only 99 cals! Sometimes I'll add salsa on top. YUM......

That sounds delicious! I will have to try that as well. Thanks!
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Organic oats w/a scoop of protein powder and a hard boiled egg. On the weekends I live dangerously and have an omelette with egg beaters and lots of veggies or just spinach
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    The breakfast I eat most mornings is onions, green peppers, mushrooms chopped and sauteed briefly in cooking spray, throw in a giant handfull of fresh spinach and pour on 1/2 cup of egg beaters, cover and let cook like an omlet. I add seasoned salt (I know, too much sodium, bad for blood pressure, water retention - do I have to give up ALL my vices??). It's fewer than 100 calories and lots of protein and fiber from the vegies. It usually keeps me full for a long time. I usually chop enough vegies for a few days and keep in separate containers in the fridge so I can get it ready quickly in the morning. I keep tons of cleaned and chopped vegies in containers in the fridge so I can throw together salads whenever and I try to put vegies in every thing I cook.

The other breakfast that I find really sticks with me is a carbmaster yogurt with 1/2 cup fresh berries and 1/2 cup of low fat granola.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Regular flavored Oatmeal with serving of Peanut Butter or serving of Flaxseed.

My own version of an Egg Sandwich. Two eggs and a turkey sausage patty on a bagel thin or english muffin.

Will also do a protein shake sometimes.