It would be an NSV if it wasn't so depressing.

Options
tameko2
tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
I wanted to walk to Starbucks and get some tea for breakfast (well...lunch I guess) so I reached into the dryer and pulled out some David Khan capris that I haven't worn in ages due to them being too tight/small. I pulled them on and there was zero struggle - the waistband is even the tiniest bit loose (although not the thighs, curse them). Last week I had done something similiar with some size 12 michael kors jeans that I picked up on super sale online, and then found out that I was NOT that size.... at all. So it was like double confirmation of weight loss.

I felt really good about this on my way over and back - but then I remembered that these WERE my fat jeans .... I even splurged on them because they were the only capris I could find on short notice that I thought looked GOOD on me.

pulled them off so I could see what size they are (clothes size, so much more important than pounds) and they were in designer!size so I had to go through, google what size they were in regular people numbers.

14. -_- Goddamnit. I consider designer clothes sizes 'real' sizes - mid and lower range clothes tend to vanity size (I know its all relative).

I realize there are some ladies out there who would kill to be in a 14 but for me it was super depressing. I knew my clothes had been tight for a while but I'd apparently just been squeezing myself into most of it (and I'd already hit Lane Bryant for dress pants which are nice and loose now but not unwearable).

Replies

• Brittany1414
    Options
    I am a 14 an the same thing is happening to me.
    My 14's are fitting really nicely right now which means I had been struggling to shove all of myself in them before.
    I dont think that you should be upset about this.
    You should be happy that you have come this far and that your clothes are starting to fit really nicely because the next step is buying smaller sized clothes.
    You are closer to the smaller sizes then when you started out.
    Remember also that all store sizes fit different because I am a 10 some places and a 14 other places
    GOOD WORK!!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    dont spend so much time looking at the size..but at the fit..they are loose..wooo hoo..awesome for you.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! You already lost 16 lbs, and that's not easy. Plus, loose clothes means you're heading the right way! Hang in there -- you're doing so well!!
  • outwiththeoldinwiththenew
    Options
    Please don't go by size but by fit. I have tried on the same exact cut and style of pants but a different color and they don't fit the same. The good thing is that they are looser than they were and thats awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't pay that much attention to size on stuff. I have size 10-15 jeans that fit all the same way so just feel good about your clothes fitting better. I pay more attention to your own measurements and be happy in your weight loss. Nice work so far.:happy:
  • tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You're right... I would LOVE to be a 14. Being on this site has made me realize though, even if you were a size 4.... you would still find something wrong with your body. Embrace that you can walk into starbucks on your own too feet. We all need something to be thankful for. You will get where you want to be, but remember that before you started your journey, you would have loved to have been in those pants.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Try not to dwell on what 'was' be happy with 'what is' :-)
    You're doing the right thing now, that's what is important.
  • tameko2
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement ladies, it did help. Still a little depressed though, last time I was losing weight (college) I was trying to get out of my size 10s and into an 8. *sigh*
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement ladies, it did help. Still a little depressed though, last time I was losing weight (college) I was trying to get out of my size 10s and into an 8. *sigh*

It took me a long to time to realize this point, too, trust me -- you can't compare yourself to high school or college ANYTHING. After 25, you are a grown adult woman with a grown woman's body. Not to say you can't set a goal, just try to get to where you feel healthy and comfortable in who you are NOW. Don't be so hard on yourself. There's a difference between pushing yourself, ad beating yourself up (and I say this because I'm the expert at doing that to myself, and I'm talking to both of us!!)
  • ChshireKat
    ChshireKat Posts: 117
    Options
    My goal is to be able to buy clothes in the misses or juniors section at Kmart orWwalmart becasue the plus sizes in low end department stores are geared to women half again, if not double my age, ladies my moms or grandmas age. Not to knock older ladies but I know how my Mom dresses, think moomoo wearing house wife of the 80's. I have exactly enough clothes to get me through one work week becaue I can only afford to buy clothes from places like Lane Bryant 1 pair of pants a time a year. I want to be able to wear a size 16 womens, which tranlated to a size (general size like Lee jeans) 18 misses. I know it will work becasu at 17 yrs old and 185lbs I wore an 18 misses.

If they fit perfect now see if you can squeeze into the nect size down and still be comfortable. I always prefered the next size down when things start fitting perfect because they fit in the morning and fall off in the afternoon.
  • tameko2
    Options

If they fit perfect now see if you can squeeze into the nect size down and still be comfortable. I always prefered the next size down when things start fitting perfect because they fit in the morning and fall off in the afternoon.

I was thinking about doing exactly this but its been like, so amazing NOT having super bad waistband marks (you know all pink and itchy where your pants dug into your skin all day) that I don't know if I want to go back to that place