IPD support thread.

Options
A thread for all my fellow IPD'ers :flowerforyou:

Come out to play!!!:tongue:

Replies

• Immy33
    Immy33 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello! Well, you know I'm doing it. Shall we put our best stuff to eat on here? I seem to be rotating the same meals, need to get out of that or the weight won't come off.
  • manicmum
    manicmum Posts: 47
    Options
    Good idea. Ive vowed to try something new every day this week. I thought it would help keep me going through this awkward week.

Ive just made a big batch of red pepper and butternut squash soup. (1 pepper, 1/2 small squash and stock made of marigold with a pinch of chilli). I love it.

Today I tried to make celeriac bravas and the conclussion was I dont like celeriac. I improvised and added peppers, mushrooms and courgette to the 'brava' and its lovely. Looking forward to that with gammon for dinne tonight.

Tomorrow is stuffed courgettes. Ive halved the cheese in the recipe and replaced the smoked ham with lean bacon. Ill let you know how they go :wink:
  • pictavi
    pictavi Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies!

I'm struggling, to be honest :( I need to stop having unrealistic expectations of myself because I'm not losing quickly enough. I love the IPD but it seems to be making me miserable because I don't lose every week because my stupid body chooses at random times to retain water. I know the sensible thing would be to stop weighing every week but I don't have the self control!!
  • manicmum
    Options
    Have you tried using a tape measure instead of scales? It will give a better indication at times when you are retaining. Its so hard to stay motivated when we arent seeing the results we want. Have you tried swapping your meals and snacks for different things to give your body a shake? Stay strong xx
  • pictavi
    Options
    Yes, I do measure and those figures are gradually getting smaller - I've now added a few more to really get a better picture of how my body is shrinking! I think what prompted today's meltdown was getting on the scales for a sneaky peak and them saying exactly the same number as on Monday :(
  • manicmum
    Options
    Consider your backside slapped for getting on the scales midweek!! A lot can change in 3 days, hell on this WOE a lot can change overnight
  • cauliwobble
    cauliwobble Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, you need to keep me right, after spending the last 3 months on the IPD forum where I read so many contradictions, I am giving it up. I lost 5lbs since April but for some reason put some back on :/ Though I havent lost much weight I have lost about 11 inches in total from different parts of my body. So I know something is working. My main aim this week is actually not to have a midweek weigh in lol.
  • manicmum
    Options
    Are you in ketosis Cathy?
  • cauliwobble
    Options
    I have no idea Janell
  • pictavi
    Options
    It might be worth getting some Ketostix from ebay Cathy so you can check whether you're in ketosis or not - I check once a week or more often if I think I've had something that might take me over my daily carb level. I find it very reassuring to know that my body is in fat burning mode, even if the scales are not showing what I want them to show lol!
  • cauliwobble
    Options
    Just ordered some so should know by midweek next week hopefully.I had some before, how dark does it get before you are in proper ketosis, does it have to be really dark(is it purple still) or can it just be on one of the first shades of ketosis?
  • manicmum
    Options
    NEVER EVER EVER EVER let it get to the darkest shade. It has nothing to do with ''how deep into ketosis'' you are. You are either in ketosis or you are not. The shades simply show how diluted your ketones are. If its up in the darker shades you are dehydrated badly. If you have more than 'trace' you are doing fine.

Just to reitterate dark is bad.
  • cauliwobble
    Options
    oh cripes, ok thats fine, so long as its just off negative thats fine
  • manicmum
    Options
    Inspired by Immys diary and my need to eat more veg (trace ketones this morn) Im going to make myself some salad dressing today.

I have

walnut oil
    white wine vinegar
    normal vinegar
    garlic
    fresh tarragon
    mixed herbs
    Itailian mix
    chives
    dried chilli seeds

Which of these go well together?
  • cauliwobble
    Options
    I'm not sure if walnut oil will go, I usually go for a lighter ground nut, and put garlic, mixed /Italian herbs &lemon juice just a tiny bit.
  • manicmum
    Options
    Darn! I only have walnut. Ill order some more to come with the shopping on Monday and make some then.
  • cauliwobble
    Options
    I want something for breakfast, I dont want porridge or a protein shake, or eggs what else is there :/
  • manicmum
    Options
    My favourite at the moment is smoked salmon and philadelphia rolls :)
  • manicmum
    Options
    Kipper!!! Ive not had kippers for ages. Have kippers for me :tongue:
  • cauliwobble
    Options
    Yum I love smoked salmon too, I used to work in a smoked salmon factory ..delish, they did all kinds of smoked meats too, I was pretty slim at that time too lol, wonder why.
    A friend brought us some prawns yesterday and I had cooked them last night so had some of those, some dressed salad & some smoked sausage, then sugarfree jelly & creme fraiche yum