Stuck in the 80s! High school clothes revisited...

Options
LorinaLynn
LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
Right now I am quite literally STUCK in the 80s! I tried on an old pair of jeans from high school and they are soooooooooooooo TIGHT!

The back story...

In 1986, my sister and I each owned the world's most atrocious jeans. Jeans of a print so repugnant, so obnoxious, so absolutely hideous that they could only be called one thing: The Puke Pants.

Lo these many years, we have both held onto our Puke Pants. Unfortunately, I weighed 110 lbs in high school, so I didn't think I could ever wear them again. But, hey... I'm sentimental, or maybe just mental, so I kept them.

But my sis's Puke Pants... they weren't purchased by a scrawny 14 year old. For better or worse, she was a consenting adult when she bought and wore hers. And they, unlike mine, were stretch denim. Last August, hers fit me, so I had to model them in all their glory. Or something.

pukepants.jpg

I'm not sure what size those were. Maybe 11/12? Maybe 13/14? I don't know, but it was fun to revisit the 80s and wear such hideous pants again, if just for a few photos, then gave them back. I loved it. I thought I looked great. And I did. There's nothing wrong with the size I was, and I was happy there. I'm just happier now that I've lost some.

She asked me recently if I still had mine. And today, I tried them on.

Holy. Crap.

They almost fit! I can (painfully) button them, but the zipper doesn't go all the way up. Maybe if I tried first thing in the morning, and had a wire coathanger, and laid down on the bed, and held the two ends together while someone else zipped. Maybe. But they fit close enough that I could snap a few pictures. So I threw on the same tank (about 10 years old, but just too awesome to part with)...

pukepants2.jpg

Keep in mind, I'm 25 years older than I was when I got these. It's been more than 20 years since I wore them. And I'm more than 20 pounds heavier. A little "HEY! Pay attention here!" to anyone who thinks they can or should go back to their high school weight. You shouldn't. If you're an adult and have any amount of muscle, you're going to weigh more than when you were a kid, even if you're *almost* the same size.

Now, someone call the Jaws of Life because I need help getting out of these things.

Can't... breathe...

Replies

• 1life2live_cjg
    Options
    Haha, I love them!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    LMAO, that had me cracking up (both the pants and the extra comments)! I had some JAM shorts in almost the exact same print!! Love 80's music, the clothes though I would like to forget about! You look amazing, by the way! LOVE THE SHIRT!
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Did you have a thing for Vanilla Ice or MC Hammer? ;)
  • michellehorvath
    michellehorvath Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Love it!! Great job and a nice perspective about getting back to a school size!! Keep up the great work!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

I can (painfully) button them, but the zipper doesn't go all the way up. Maybe if I tried first thing in the morning, and had a wire coathanger, and laid down on the bed, and held the two ends together while someone else zipped. Maybe. But they fit close enough that I could snap a few pictures.

This is the technique I used to get ALL my jeans on in high school. I wasn't chubby or anything - just kind of slutty. :happy:
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    OMG those are hideous!!! But you wear them great!!
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    Those pants are awful. I absolutely love them!!!! I am so proud of you! You look fantastic! Way to be!
  • superstitious
    Options
    they. are. nasty!!!!

not good nasty.

BAD NASTY!

thanks for the laugh!!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Those are LOVELY.

But what if we were chubby in highschool? I weigh 30lbs less than I did in highschool.
  • lisa_73
    lisa_73 Posts: 43
    Options
    awesome!
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    OMG I LOVE THOSE Seriously I LOVE those jeans!!!!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Heather, I had a callous on my right index finger from zipping tight jeans! It's a little tore up right now just from trying these on.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Is it just me or did the pants in those days have very tiny waists..... I just got back into a pair of jeans I had not worn for 21 years - they are baggy over the hips and thighs - but man - that tiny waist!!

Maybe it is just the way our bodies have changed - did the two of you wear your pants at the same time - you could not be missed in those :-)
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Greatest post ever! Those pants are really......something!!! :laugh: Great tank too! :drinker:
  • ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    OMGosh, AWESOME!!!! Thanks so much for posting this - I am cracking up!!! :drinker: :laugh:
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Haha awesome!!!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this site, I am actually 10 pounds SMALLER than I was in high school! :-)
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE :love: your post! thanks for sharing and bringing back some sweet memories for me. I didn't have this exact pattern BUT i had some similar........we though we looked so hi style!!!

:smokin: HOT!

Oh and p.s. my 18 year old daughter says you should wear them, they are BACK in style!
  • ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options

I can (painfully) button them, but the zipper doesn't go all the way up. Maybe if I tried first thing in the morning, and had a wire coathanger, and laid down on the bed, and held the two ends together while someone else zipped. Maybe. But they fit close enough that I could snap a few pictures.

This is the technique I used to get ALL my jeans on in high school. I wasn't chubby or anything - just kind of slutty. :happy:

ahem....best post I've seen in forever!! hahahahahaahah! Thanks for the laugh!!
  • WowieGarcia
    Options
    You weren't kidding when you said puke pants.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!