Fitbit?

Options
I want a Fitbit charge 2 so bad & I heard good and bad things. I hear they over estimate your steps a lot. Is that true. I just want something that will help me out because I can't always have my phone on me.

Replies

• successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I have a charge hr. If you move your arms alot it can accidentally count them as steps. Its not recommended by fitbit, but I found an extender strap on eBay and wear it on my ankle now for most of the day. I get a much more accurate step count that way.
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have worn my Fitbit charge HR for almost a year and I absolutely love it yes if I move my arms a crazy amount it gives me extra steps I don't do that often though for the most part I feel like it's pretty spot on I have lost nearly 20lbs in the past year and I feel like my Fitbit has shown me how little I was actually moving and what I could do to change it
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well, I have had both the Garmin Vivosmart, & now the Vivosmart HR.
    You wouldn't believe the extra steps u get when I chop an onion or bell pepper... would be happy to discover exactly which tracker is the most true to steps..
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    *The extra steps I get. Geesh.
  • eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I had the charge HR, and recently switched to the blaze. With the HR, as others stated, if you swing it vigorously it will count them as steps, so try not to just sit there at your desk and swing your arm hahah. I love the blaze though, I just tested the swing-arm test and it didn't do anything to my count (wohoo).

Either way, the whole point is to move more and the fitbit can help you keep track of that movement, good luck!! :smiley:
  • loobe1066
    loobe1066 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have the charge 2 yes you get some extra steps when you don't expect them. However there are times when steps are not recorded e.g when I have a bath I dry my hair and walk around bedroom etc before putting charge back on, also when pushing a buggy or trolley steps don't register. I have found the charge 2 to be very good at not adding steps when in the car. Hope this helps
  • mrsmammahunter
    mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I had a hr for 2 years and have had hr 2 for a week now. I would say it under estimates because my steps are a lot lower than the hr 1 was. Also the vibration alarm clock is weaker. It has a lot of cute reminders every hour i get a come stroll with me or get up and do 20 steps. Thats really cool also had a meditation guided breathing mode. I love it.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    With any of the wrist-worn Fitbits, you can minimize non-steps picked up by it by marking it as being on your dominant wrist regardless of which side you wear it on. For me the Flex picked up the most non-steps, but my Blaze that I got last month seems pretty minimal at that.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    With any of the wrist-worn Fitbits, you can minimize non-steps picked up by it by marking it as being on your dominant wrist regardless of which side you wear it on. For me the Flex picked up the most non-steps, but my Blaze that I got last month seems pretty minimal at that.

That doesn't help much when you use BOTH arms for many tasks. Such as grooming a horse.
  • CANT_22
    CANT_22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find my Blaze is pretty good with not picking up to much arm movement. It auto-recognizes anything i do that uses a lot of hand movements as sport.
  • stephmph16
    stephmph16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just got the Charge 2 and I love it so far. The extra steps are negligible. Yes, it might count some here and there, but it may also miss some here and there. You can also input your stride length to make it more exact.
  • pattib1029
    pattib1029 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My blaze overestimated my steps. It must be really sensitive. I changed the settings and it didn't work. I went on a 4 hour drive and made my 250 step goal every hour without even getting out of my car. That's a lot of accidental steps. I hit my 10,000 step goal rocking my daughter to sleep once. I put it away and got back out my clip on. The blaze is cute and really neat. It just wasn't functional for what I need it for. I do a lot of circuit training and weight lifting so the heart rate part was useless. I did like getting the notifications though.
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

I'm going to do this right now I have it set as my non dominant arm