xmas eating

Options
sez334
sez334 Posts: 5 Member
So had the staff party last night. Went 2x my calorie intake and drank way too much alcohol. Have only worked out for 3 days this week due to busy time of year. I guess I'll try to refrain this week and loose a kg before xmas day.

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    sez334 wrote: »
    So had the staff party last night. Went 2x my calorie intake and drank way too much alcohol. Have only worked out for 3 days this week due to busy time of year. I guess I'll try to refrain this week and loose a kg before xmas day.

Or possibly not impose a goal during a time of celebration/stress and eat at maintenance? At the very least, I wouldn't set a weight goal for the week or you'll end up disappointed.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had fun

I agree with other posters no point torturing yourself during this highly stressful celebration time
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I think everything between Christmas and New Years is going to be a lot of eating and drinking

I'll limit myself on TG but daym its juts a week
  • ChangeAddict
    ChangeAddict Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree with enjoying the season and food is part of that, but for myself, I find it to be too slippery a slope. If I have a night of overindulgence, my next day is crap too (a study done showed a huge calorie increase not only the day of the party, but the day after).

So I try to stick to the eating good, filling foods before going. A glass of water for every glass of wine. Keeping it to 3 or under glasses over 4 hours (alcohol does my ambition in). One night won't ruin all your hard work, but remember why you're working so hard and enjoy your progress- not overindulgence.
  • mrsmammahunter
    mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    on actual holidays I eat at maintenance and ya know what once a week or once every two weeks I will have those 3 slices of pizza and soda . The day after i eat clean and no harm done restricting yourself to much isn't healthy its all about balance and not using food as a reward. When i "cheat" i don't do so as a reward i do so because I want to eat some pizza. Food isn't the enemy laziness and over consumption is so enjoy your holiday without regret and get back in the game the next day!
  • ArkadyRose
    ArkadyRose Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think for me, it's going to be less about overindulging and more about trying to fit in time to exercise and go for a run. Getting up an hour earlier to run isn't going to work for me (AS means the mornings are when I'm in most pain) but I think I'd better get used to fitting in a run after my daughter's in bed. I'd have gone out for a run tonight actually, except I had to deal with an unexpected incipient mead flood.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Party like it's 1999
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Move on.