Hungry For Change

Options
lexiek47
lexiek47 Posts: 18 Member
i have seen this docmentary over 5 times because it has become a favorite of mine. Very informative and a definite eye-opener. My family has always been extremely healthy so most of the information isn't new to me but I'm sure loads of people on MFP would enjoy this movie. Whether you change your habits or not, I hope some of you will take the time to watch it. If you haven't seen it, get up,watch the movie and do squats whenever you learn something new.

It might change your life.

Hungry For Change- Available on Netflix

33vjj2b.jpg

Replies

• david2831g78
    david2831g78 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    watched it last night. Loved it. Was a real eye opener for me and now that I know this info, i need to act upon it.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I love it too!! FoodMatters, Food Inc., Forks over knives, and Fed Up are all really good too!
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I love watching food documentaries like this. They usually have some very interesting views on things. However, I always take everything I see in them with a grain of salt because I know that depending on the person who is making the documentary, there is always a chance for bias. :)
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Just watched this and I agree it is great! The only part I don't like is the stress on juicing and cleanses. I may incorporate parsley and more cilantro in my diet after watching.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    No thanks, I can think for myself.
  • Wannabmarathoner
    Wannabmarathoner Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    lexiek47 wrote: »
    i have seen this docmentary over 5 times because it has become a favorite of mine. Very informative and a definite eye-opener. My family has always been extremely healthy so most of the information isn't new to me but I'm sure loads of people on MFP would enjoy this movie. Whether you change your habits or not, I hope some of you will take the time to watch it. If you haven't seen it, get up,watch the movie and do squats whenever you learn something new.

It might change your life.

Hungry For Change- Available on Netflix

33vjj2b.jpg

Yes!!!
  • RochelleLUnangst
    RochelleLUnangst Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love watching food documentaries like this. They usually have some very interesting views on things. However, I always take everything I see in them with a grain of salt because I know that depending on the person who is making the documentary, there is always a chance for bias. :)

I can't agree more! I enjoy watching them and have been inspired to take my health in a better just from watching them. I especially love the one with the group of people that try to go vegan for a few months or whatever it was. Really cool stuff.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    rkg1966 wrote: »

I can't agree more! I enjoy watching them and have been inspired to take my health in a better just from watching them. I especially love the one with the group of people that try to go vegan for a few months or whatever it was. Really cool stuff.

They are mockumentaries with a biased agenda. Take them with a grain of salt.

But not too much salt else your blood pressure might get too high.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    rkg1966 wrote: »

They are mockumentaries with a biased agenda. Take them with a grain of salt.

But not too much salt else your blood pressure might get too high.

As long as you drink plenty of plain tap water you should be fine. ;)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Borrowed this from the other old thread you bumped cos it was all kinds of awesome
    If you have Netflix, Daredevil is more entertaining and the science behind the origin of his powers is more realistic than the science in Hungry for Change.

Awww. Tex. Miss him!

You're right about this post. All kinds of awesome.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I pretty much agree with this. I sometimes find them fun/enjoyable/inspiring, but I don't use them as a source of information any more than I would some Michael Moore or other similar rabble-rousing movie, because that's what they are. I feel sad that some seem to use them as if they were an unbiased source and not know enough to question them.

One of the things that bothers me the most about them (as well as specific questionable claims I've noticed being made, like with the ones that present the China Study without any of the questions raised about it) is that they seem to present diet as all or nothing -- like we are all eating horribly (many people probably are, but it's not that hard to just adopt a normal, sensible healthy diet) and the only solution is to eat in some special way being promoted -- as if the problem is MEAT or PROCESSED FOOD or SUGAR vs., you know, eating an unhealthy, unbalanced diet with excessive amounts of stuff everyone knows shouldn't be consumed in excess, like sweets or whatever, and inadequate vegetables, so on.

The juice one (which I haven't watched) seems the most extreme -- juicing as the way to eat healthfully? It's like normal people wouldn't just eat lots of vegetables with meals in a sensible way like we were told to as small children and as everyone should know they should without some goofy documentary.

But yeah, sometimes they are fun and Netflix has tons of them.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I watched it and was outraged.

I thought it was a film about homeless people.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,990 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    One of 2 recently resurrected necro posts about this documentary but that's ok w/me because I've never seen it b4.

So, I just ordered the DVD from Netflix to check it out. I doubt that it will provide any great revelations but I like to stay up-to-date w/what other people are seeing, reading and hearing regarding matters of health and nutrition.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    I watched it and was outraged.

I thought it was a film about homeless people.

Well now I HAVE to see it.
  • Tanafee
    Tanafee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have seen this film. It really opens your eyes ! Locally sourced organic in the way to go! i have recently started checking labels for GMOs
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Tanafee wrote: »
    I have seen this film. It really opens your eyes ! Locally sourced organic in the way to go! i have recently started checking labels for GMOs

It was -30C here yesterday. I doubt there's much locally sourced organic vegetables right now that aren't frozen.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    A documentary I thought was fun was this. http://www.watchdocumentary.tv/dumpster-dive/