I've lost 107 lbs. so far!

Options
I have come such a long way and I'm super proud of myself! I'll be 30 in January, I'm a single mother of 4 beautiful children and I still am managing to lose this weight. With the help of this app, motivation from my kids and family, exercising and watching what I eat, I feel amazing! I have so much energy it's unreal compared to how I used to be. It is taking alot of self control and will power but I'm doing fantastic! Don't get me wrong though, I have rough days where I just want to sit and binge eat and sometimes I do, but I always make sure I don't fall completely off and that I kick it back into high gear the next day. I love the confidence I have now and I'm starting to like my reflection in the mirror, sometimes I do a double take when I walk past one, like, who is that chick?! I'm so proud of my progress and just wanted to share with you all. Tell me about your journey!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Nothing to share, just wanted to say, "Nicely done!"
  • jwilsonmedic
    jwilsonmedic Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome share! You look great.
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Nothing short of awesome!
  • Marieyeyeam
    Marieyeyeam Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look awesome :D
  • ausrunninggal
    ausrunninggal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow!! congratulations!!!
  • Laurie6578
    Laurie6578 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    WTG girl!!
  • cpow0405
    cpow0405 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys and gals! What are some of your strengths and weaknesses? How much have you lost so far and what are some of your goals?
  • cpow0405
    Options
    Oh yeah, this morning adds another pound lost so make that 108 lbs down! Woohoo!
  • jkquinn13
    jkquinn13 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    cpow0405 wrote: »
    Thanks guys and gals! What are some of your strengths and weaknesses? How much have you lost so far and what are some of your goals?

holy...you are an inspiration! well done well done!
    I'm down about 35 with 20 or so to go
    my strengths are Intuitive eating concepts....weakness is planning...I've had two days of bad planning due to the season but back on track for today.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Good for you that is super awesome!!! You are a great inspiration. I'm down 40 so far another 30 to go. I'd like to go down an extra 1-15 but for now I will work on this. I am waiting for my daughter to join this journey with me. I guess she isn't quite ready yet.
  • fjpetruccelli
    fjpetruccelli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have come such a long way and I'm super proud of myself! I'll be 30 in January, I'm a single mother of 4 beautiful children and I still am managing to lose this weight. With the help of this app, motivation from my kids and family, exercising and watching what I eat, I feel amazing! I have so much energy it's unreal compared to how I used to be. It is taking alot of self control and will power but I'm doing fantastic! Don't get me wrong though, I have rough days where I just want to sit and binge eat and sometimes I do, but I always make sure I don't fall completely off and that I kick it back into high gear the next day. I love the confidence I have now and I'm starting to like my reflection in the mirror, sometimes I do a double take when I walk past one, like, who is that chick?! I'm so proud of my progress and just wanted to share with you all. Tell me about your journey!

First of all Kudos to you, you are an inspiration for the rest of us. :) Can I ask you a quick question please. I have lost a total of 10.2 pounds and My Fitness Pal has not changed my daily calorie budget. Is this something we have to do ourselves, and if so by how much, or is it something My Fitness Pal will update once enough weight is lost. Any help you can give in this matter would be greatly appreciated and keep up the great work!
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! Congratulations! Ive lost 74 lbs so far with another 63 to go i think. I started at 341 and got down to 267 so far, goal is 205 by the end of May!
  • cpow0405
    Options

First of all Kudos to you, you are an inspiration for the rest of us. :) Can I ask you a quick question please. I have lost a total of 10.2 pounds and My Fitness Pal has not changed my daily calorie budget. Is this something we have to do ourselves, and if so by how much, or is it something My Fitness Pal will update once enough weight is lost. Any help you can give in this matter would be greatly appreciated and keep up the great work!

Mine automatically updated for me once I lost a certain amount of weight. It's different for everyone, just keep going by what it's telling you and keep losing weight, it will eventually change. Congtats on losing 10 lbs!! It's not an easy journey but SO worth it!
  • jwilsonmedic
    jwilsonmedic Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I began at 230 and lost down to 155. Started with insanity max 30 and UFC fit. After a round of those I got into running and weight lifting. I never did keep up with calories or the macros of what I ate. Just picked healthy choices and ate 6 meals in a day. After I lost all that weight I decided I wanted to gain back lean muscle. That's when I decided to track my macros to figure out what I needed to eat in order to gain. I also changed up my workout routine to more body building exercises. I'm currently at 165. Shooting for 170-175. Started all this around June 2015.
  • cpow0405
    Options

I began at 230 and lost down to 155. Started with insanity max 30 and UFC fit. After a round of those I got into running and weight lifting. I never did keep up with calories or the macros of what I ate. Just picked healthy choices and ate 6 meals in a day. After I lost all that weight I decided I wanted to gain back lean muscle. That's when I decided to track my macros to figure out what I needed to eat in order to gain. I also changed up my workout routine to more body building exercises. I'm currently at 165. Shooting for 170-175. Started all this around June 2015.

That is really impressive!! Good job on losing the weight and then building muscle, I know that takes ALOT of patience! I just do a light jog on my treadmill for 30 mins everyday and eat under 1200 cals a day and drink nothing bit water. I will eventually change up my routine but for now, this is what is working for me and my schedule. I started out at 280, this morning I was 169.4
  • FrozenSon
    FrozenSon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's what I've got to lose. You've given me a new inspiration that it can be done.
  • cpow0405
    Options
    FrozenSon wrote: »
    Congrats! That's what I've got to lose. You've given me a new inspiration that it can be done.

It absolutely CAN be done!!! I have a thyroid issue as well and have been doing it completely on my own, without having to fork over a bunch of money for any kind of membership or programs like weight watchers, jenny craig, nutrisystem etc. Don't get me wrong, those are great programs but why pay for what you can do on your own?? I love being an inspiration, that's what keeps me going. I'm also inspired by all of you so keep it up, we can do this!!!