Engery Drinks

Options
Anyone try engergy drinks? Example: 5 hour energy? Would it be bad to drink one every once in a while?

Replies

• vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Ughhh yuck! I tried it once and about puked!! Rockstart in the blue can is zero suger or something like that.... maybe its zero calories I dont remember....
  • vemaddox
    vemaddox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    ive used the 5 hour ones before....its maybe like once every 6 months if that...i dont think it would be bad every now and then...as long as you dont make it a habbit
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i drink them. but i really don't care.

I know they are not bad for me because I am 19 years old, and I am in incredible health and shape. 117/70 is my blood pressure too.

idk. maybe people have edversions to too much caffine, so as long as you know you are okay with drinking caffeine, then I say do what you want, but be aware caffenine is a DRUG and it is addictive :D

i am aware, and I dont care !
  • downwardsunshine
    downwardsunshine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is 5 hour energy different than red bull? Because I know redbull is HORRIBLE for you. It thickens your blood which causes heart problems. Umm no thanks.
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I used to drink them at work because I hated my job, if you pound a lot of them like a college frat boy first thing in the morning and then sip on a bottle of coke, you'll get "high" enough to make everyone in the office seem interesting hahahahhahaa

I drank about 8 of them driving back home to Miami from Orlando after skydiving at night.. certainly isn't healthy to stay awake driving all night after an extreme sport, pounding energy drinks 2 or 3 to the hour... It got me home without flipping my Navigator and my kids got to do everything they wanted to do at Disney AND my husband and I got to do everything we wanted to do in Orlando. To me, it was worth it. Would I do it again, probably not. I was sick for a few days afterwards and my sleep was all eff'd up for a while.
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Hahaha that's awesome, you have the same attitude as me. I have family in WI and they convinced me everyone there was lame, thanks for showing me otherwise.. now I might plan that trip to the Dells <3
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    *Sips Sugar Free Red Bull*
  • ehs5mw
    ehs5mw Posts: 65
    Options

I know they are not bad for me because I am 19 years old, and I am in incredible health and shape. 117/70 is my blood pressure too.

idk. maybe people have edversions to too much caffine, so as long as you know you are okay with drinking caffeine, then I say do what you want, but be aware caffenine is a DRUG and it is addictive :D

All of that may be true, but the fact that you are in good health and use something does not actually mean that it is good for you. You could have said the same thing about Big Macs if you wanted, or about cigarettes, etc. Things are not good or bad for you based on how healthy you are when trying something. See what the effects are long-term.

And for the record, I don't know if 5 hour energy is bad for you or not. It may be, it may not be, but I have never felt a need for energy drinks/supplements.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I used to drink them at work because I hated my job, if you pound a lot of them like a college frat boy first thing in the morning and then sip on a bottle of coke, you'll get "high" enough to make everyone in the office seem interesting hahahahhahaa

I drank about 8 of them driving back home to Miami from Orlando after skydiving at night.. certainly isn't healthy to stay awake driving all night after an extreme sport, pounding energy drinks 2 or 3 to the hour... It got me home without flipping my Navigator and my kids got to do everything they wanted to do at Disney AND my husband and I got to do everything we wanted to do in Orlando. To me, it was worth it. Would I do it again, probably not. I was sick for a few days afterwards and my sleep was all eff'd up for a while.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Love this!!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

Hahaha that's awesome, you have the same attitude as me. I have family in WI and they convinced me everyone there was lame, thanks for showing me otherwise.. now I might plan that trip to the Dells <3

psh!! people from wisconsin, lame? lol whaaat?! haha. FL > WI ANY day of the week. Almost all of my family lives in Clearwater!! SOOO JEALOUS! =[ !